My new favourite biscuit..

Soldato
hmmh - Aldi butter shortbread and fig-rolls are good, ginger nuts are a bit sugary, like fox's stuff, unfortunately, they don't do a (biscuit tin bucket list ) garibaldi

Soldato
hmmh - Aldi butter shortbread and fig-rolls are good, ginger nuts are a bit sugary, like fox's stuff, unfortunately, they don't do a (biscuit tin bucket list ) garibaldi

I used to love Garibaldi, Sainsburys version has turned to ****, its like your eating a load of grit, not sure if they have got any better since as not wanted to try them.

Soldato
Morrisons 'the best' Scottish short bread fingers are indeed the best I've tried.
They do round ones too but they are not as good somehow.

Soldato
Morrisons 'the best' Scottish short bread fingers are indeed the best I've tried.
They do round ones too but they are not as good somehow.
they should be, I don't see 3x the value of aldis butter version at @49p; Mcvities are good but similarly 3x

I used to love Garibaldi, Sainsburys version has turned to ****
there aren't enough biscuits with currents in the recipe ... it's garibaldi or mcvities fruit shortcake .... once again £1.50

we often do homebew 'currant things' with left over pastry(from quiches/pies) just cover 1/2 pastry with currants/sugar and fold over/roll the other half on top, puff pastry is even better.

Soldato
McVitie's BN Vanilla Biscuits.

The first one i thought Meh! what ever, by the second one i could stop eating them.

What's that all about. :)

Soldato
looks like those belgian Mcvities with chocolate inside are a workaround to get zero vat rate

3.4.2 Biscuits​

Biscuits covered or partly covered in chocolate or some other products similar in taste and appearance to chocolate are standard-rated.

Examples to help determine whether a product is zero or standard-rated:

Zero-ratedStandard-rated
Chocolate chip biscuits where the chips are either included in the dough or pressed into the surface before bakingAll wholly or partly coated biscuits including biscuits decorated in a pattern with chocolate or some similar product
Bourbon and other biscuits where the chocolate or similar product forms a sandwich layer between 2 biscuit halves and is not continued onto the outer surfaceChocolate covered shortbread
Jaffa cakesGingerbread men decorated with chocolate unless this amounts to no more than a couple of dots for eyes
Biscuits coated with caramel or some other product that do not resemble chocolate in taste and appearanceIce cream wafers partly covered in chocolate such as ‘chocolate oysters’
I hadn't realised ice cream, generally, attracts vat.

Even if they are zero rated, doesn't mean they don't just make more profit margin, but, with rising food prices, maybe, I should consider zero-rated products could be better value.

Back
Top Bottom