My new K702s really hurt my head :( Any advice?

Soldato
I feel like all the weight is concentrated on one spot right in the centre of the top of my head, after half an hour or so of listening I start to feel like I'm developing a headache, but it's actually just the leather band pressing down on that one spot. Shifting the band forward helps for a bit, but is really just moving the problem.

I love the sound of these, huge upgrade from my old gaming headset and the Fiio dac is lovely too, but wow, the pain!

Is there anything I can do about this strap that will make it less uncomfortable or should I throw in the towel and swap to something else? If so, what would be a comparable sound but more comfortable headphone?

Quite frustrated by my first foray into real headphones :(

Soldato
The elastic will loosen a little over time, but I have never been a great fan of the headband. It annoyed on the K712 I owned. You can mod them with a thin strip of foam. Alternately try the K550 MK2. Offers much of the sound, though is closed back and has a more comfortable traditional style headband. I really rate them myself.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
K7XX used the same style headband. It's just an AKG thing, like Grado too. You will just have to "mod" the band to be more comfortable. This is what I did to my Q701 back in the day:

AKG_Q701_headbandmod_black_2.jpg

That was by shaving off the headband bumps, then applying a layer of foam between it and a cut to size piece of leather which was stitched around the headband.

You can also buy headband cosy things made of wool that button up around the headband.

Soldato
K7XX used the same style headband. It's just an AKG thing, like Grado too. You will just have to "mod" the band to be more comfortable. This is what I did to my Q701 back in the day:

That was by shaving off the headband bumps, then applying a layer of foam between it and a cut to size piece of leather which was stitched around the headband.

You can also buy headband cosy things made of wool that button up around the headband.

Got my mum to knit my one of those for my Q701's :D

Back
Top Bottom