My new Noblechairs Hero Black/White

Associate
Hello OCUK'ers,

Just pulled the trigger on a NC Hero in Black/White contrast stitching. The quality is lovely and it is rather comfortable to sit on. My only problem with it is that the back rest does not seem to align properly with the base of the unit. It is bolted at a slight angle. I have probably re-assembled it about 5 times now trying to see if there is any give in the adjustment (for the 4 bolts on the side) and I can't get it any better than this.

Please see photos below:

JubZ5zz.jpg

IFk44VX.jpg

ezSK1wg.jpg

Here are side shots to show you that the mounts are perfectly aligned with the chair:

JoXtrOq.jpg

f40eydn.jpg

There is also this bulge on the above photo (on the bolster). Not sure if this is normal as well?

Any input will be highly appreciated, thought I'd ask here first before contacting OCUK support.

Thanks,
Sid

Associate
Received mine yesterday, none of the mentioned problems.
The bottom of the backrest, as isn't a hard/solid part, just the trimming of the cover, I don't really expect to be spot-on aligned, but not far off.
The bulge are present in mine, but I guess must be where some foam overlap, I guess, as it isn't really hard, so not an structural part out of place.
I would recommend contacting Overclockers, as yours seems to be way off it's alignment, looking from the top of the backrest.

Associate
OP
Right so an update on this. OCUK have sent out a replacement base and that has fixed the misalignment issue. Not only that but it is A LOT softer than the original base, like a considerable amount.

The only thing that still bugs me is how it still makes noise when reclining, do your chairs do this too? (Sounds like leather on leather squeek when reclining the back). Any feedback on this will be highly appreciated.

The person on the phone was under the impression that the entire chair might have been faulty (bad batch ect..) but I decided to try the base for now and get other parts if needed or a total replacement.

Soldato
Sorry to hijack your thread but my chair also has problems so I'm glad I saw this. There is quite a big gap between the base and the back. I got the chair last week and the back had a rip in the seam so I was sent another one. I'll be calling OCUK tomorrow to speak to them about this, might have to get another chair.

By the way, what did you use to post your pics on here? I always forget how I've done it before!

Soldato
I've spoken to OCUK and they are going to collect it and send a replacement. Only pain is I've got to re-package and send back before I get the other one. Gonna have fun cos nothing ever seems to go back in the box the same way you received it :)

Associate
OP
I've spoken to OCUK and they are going to collect it and send a replacement. Only pain is I've got to re-package and send back before I get the other one. Gonna have fun cos nothing ever seems to go back in the box the same way you received it :)

When you reclined the back of the chair back and forth, did it make a screeching noise from one side?

Soldato
When you reclined the back of the chair back and forth, did it make a screeching noise from one side?

I didn't notice to be honest, I only adjusted it once to where I wanted it and that was it! I'm not one for leaning back in my chair to watch movies etc so I only need it in one position really. I sometimes feel that all the customisation is wasted on me :)

Back
Top Bottom