My PC keeps overheating!

Associate
Last year I bought a PC Gaming System from - Skylake z170 Pro Gaming PC Configurator.
Parts -
Case :- NZXT H440
Power Supply :- XFX XTR Series 850W
Motherboard :- ASUS Z170-A
CPU :- Intel Core i5-6600K 3.9GHz (Skylake)
CPU cooler :- Alpenfohn Brocken ECO cooler CPU Cooler - 120mm
Memory :- Avexir Core White 8GB
Hard Drive :- WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm
Video Card :- MSI GTX970
Monitor :- ACER KA24HQ 24"
Mousepad :- SteelSeries QcK
Mouse :- MARS GAMING
Keyboard :- Logitec G19
Headset :- HyperX Cloud

I got Overclockers to build it for me and install the correct programs.

It may should stupid but when I play CSGO after about 1 hour of playing my computer totally freezes and I hear a buzzing sound. If I put my hand to the back of the PC where the fan is, it is pumping out really hot air. Playing other games such as GTA 5 I never have a problem.
I just want to know what the best thing to do in order to resolve this problem, do i need to install a program or take it back to the shop.
My PC is still under warranty so should I ring up and explain my PC's symptoms?
Many thanks
Chris Owen

Soldato
Hi Chris, why don't you install a temperature monitoring app like HWiNFO64, and keep an eye on CPU and GPU temps. That would give a better idea of whether temps are to blame or not. Hot exhaust air is to be expected regardless, when gaming, and the H440 is one of the hotter cases around.

If you want to do some tests, try Cinebench and/or Asus RealBench to see max CPU temps, and Unigine Valley/Heaven/Superposition to see max GPU temps. You can check max temps in HWiNFO64 after the benchmarks have ended.

At the very least you'll be able to tell OcUK what the temps are, if you need their assistance.

Associate
Probs like hwmontiro and hwinfo64 will also record to a text file which you can view after you crash. This information will go a long way to seeing which component is overheating (if any).

Any visible dust build up in any of the fans? Seeing as you had it a year now it could be worth checking.

Back
Top Bottom