My Raijintek Metis Plus Mini-ITX Case Build 'Full Circle'

Soldato
Problem with this case is there's no provision for natural convection to occur. Some holes in the bottom and top would help massively I think.

Will be interesting to see the results of your drilling.

Associate
OP
Problem with this case is there's no provision for natural convection to occur. Some holes in the bottom and top would help massively I think.

Will be interesting to see the results of your drilling.

Indeed, that's why I am going to really make this an air vented, bottom rear 120mm fan intake, front top out, back top in, this also cool the graphics card more :)
was going to make air venting for the PSU on the front panel, but I think I let that suck air in from inside the case & out the bottom, possible 80mm silent eagle fan up to 2000rpm on the window.
Being there is only 1 system fan connector on the motherboard , I will mod a small fan controller to the front.

Last edited:
Permabanned
This is exactly what this case needs. Going for the window means that you loose out on some vent holes on the side anyway, but this will fix it very nicely.

Honestly, not sure why Raijintek didn't have this to begin with. Nice work!

Associate
OP
This is exactly what this case needs. Going for the window means that you loose out on some vent holes on the side anyway, but this will fix it very nicely.

Honestly, not sure why Raijintek didn't have this to begin with. Nice work!

I guess it is down to the price, under £40 pounds for alu case, More done to the case more they charge, I am happy to make my own fan/Vent holes in the window, that be done at the end of this project :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have a mod just like yours, GTX 970, MSI MiniITX and water cooler (Corsair h80i)

A few things i would suggest to people who want to try building a gaming rig in this case:
1: Buy a SFX PSU, it´s cranked in there and you will thank me once you do.
2: if you settle with a low-mid GPU you can actually build modfree i had asus R9 270 OC DCII and got around 70c in heaven extreme, thats an acceptable degree. If you would settle for even less i would buy MSI 750TI it shouldn't be more than 60c in this case modfree and still be able to play most new games on medium.
3: water cooling is really good in this case, 28c idle and max 59c FULL LOAD
4: If you really want a high end GPU you will have to mod the top, I did a clean 240mm cut out and used a fan grill from Phobya it look nice. No extra fans needed for good airflow.

I did one thing i regret, I wanted as few cables as possible so i cut the HDD cable, did´t like the red light it flashed when the HDD was working... now it´s constant RED!!! what a hell?!

Associate
** No image quoting. Please read the rules for Project Logs **

you can't get this results, I get 1400-1500 in 1080P with GTX 970. Heaven settings maxed, did you alter the settings? Or is it true extreme 1080P ?

Associate
OP
I have a mod just like yours, GTX 970, MSI MiniITX and water cooler (Corsair h80i)

A few things I would suggest to people who want to try building a gaming rig in this case:
1: Buy an SFX PSU, it´s cranked in there and you will thank me once you do.
2: if you settle for a low-mid GPU you can actually build mod-free I had Asus R9 270 OC DCII and got around 70c in heaven extreme, thats an acceptable degree. If you would settle for even less i would buy MSI 750TI it shouldn't be more than 60c in this case modfree and still be able to play most new games on medium.
3: water cooling is really good in this case, 28c idle and max 59c FULL LOAD
4: If you really want a high end GPU you will have to mod the top, I did a clean 240mm cut out and used a fan grill from Phobya it look nice. No extra fans needed for good airflow.

I did one thing i regret, I wanted as few cables as possible so i cut the HDD cable, did´t like the red light it flashed when the HDD was working... now it´s constant RED!!! what a hell?!

1) I researched into the SFX PSUs sometime ago,600Watt review states its maybe a little noisier than the 450watt, the SFX cost a lot more money than what I got now, also limited on Connectors for SATA, Molex,
the Silverstone SFX-L 500W '80 Plus Gold' Fully Modular Power Supply, on pre-order looks interesting,
only 130mm depth.

2) My GPUs, Nvidia GTX 970 being very Good on watts, I have a Gigabyte gtx 970 itx ver & a zotac 970 , the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 "Mini-ITX" 4096MB temps underload around 60c Unigine_Heaven-4.0 on extreme HD 1920 x 1080p 8x aa from my old case builds , the zotac gtx 970 card , the target temp is set to 79c in the FireStorm software, can set the target temp to what you like in the software ,more you set the target temp more it ajusts the volts for overclocking, thats why it always reads 79c in the benchmarks .

3) I have been water cooling for 10 years, now retired from it
, my Parvum Systems case build was the last water-cooled build.

4) Modding the top i went with drilling air vent holes instead of cutting most of the top off or cutting out big round holes, I think it makes the top look better/keeping the beauty of the case & allows adding different fan sizes for this build, well that just my Own Personal View :)

With the Nvidia new low wattage Architecture on the high-end GPUs 970, 980 GTX is a great thing & allows the 970 cards underload to only reach around 60c on stock cooling like the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 " Mini-ITX.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
you can't get this results, I get 1400-1500 in 1080P with GTX 970. Heaven settings maxed, did you alter the settings? Or is it true extreme 1080P ?

Hello ulanddanne & welcome, that Picture benchmark from the old Valley Benchmark 1.0, not Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 :)
keeping watching this project I will post Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 test and CPU, System temps when I finished this project.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello ulanddanne & welcome , that Picture benchmark from the old Valley Benchmark 1.0 not Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 :)
keeping watching this project i will post Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 test and CPU ,System temps when i finished this project.

OOH missed that, the results page look identical thou.. :)

Associate
1) I reserched into the SFX PSUs sometime ago,600Watt review states its maybe alittle more noisy than the 450watt , the SFX cost a lot more money than what i got now , also limited on Connectors for sata ,molex ,
the Silverstone SFX-L 500W '80 Plus Gold' Fully Modular Power Supply , on pre order looks intresting ,
only 130mm depth .

2) My GPUs , Nvidia GTX 970 being very Good on watts , i have a Gigabyte gtx 970 itx ver & a zotac 970 , the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 "Mini-ITX" 4096MB temps underload around 60c Unigine_Heaven-4.0 on extreme HD 1920 x 1080p 8x aa from my old case builds , the zotac gtx 970 card , the target temp is set to 79c in the FireStorm software, can set the target temp to what you like in the software ,more you set the target temp more it ajusts the volts for overclocking ,thats why it always reads 79c in the benchmarks .

3) i been watercooling for 10 years ,now retired from it
,my Parvum Systems case build was the last watercooled build.

4) Modding the top i went for drilling air vent holes instead of cutting most of the top off or cutting out big round holes , i think if makes the top look more better/kepping the beauty of the case & allowes adding different fan sizes for this build, well that just my Own Personal View :)

With the Nvidia new low wattage Architecture on the high end GPUs 970 , 980 gtx is a great thing & allows the 970 cards underload to only reach around 60c on stock cooling like the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 "Mini-ITX .

I have a "standard PSU" or close to standard, a Fractal Design R2 750w its 140mm and there is NO room between GPU and PSU, I have also looked at that Silverstone SFX-L PSU, it would be a very tight fit with my EVG 970... not sure if it would fit actually. 1cm, maybe with that flat cables, i could mod the included PSU stand for a few extra mm

Back
Top Bottom