My Raijintek Metis Plus Mini-ITX Case Build 'Full Circle'

Associate
OP
I have a "standard PSU" or close to standard, a Fractal Design R2 750w its 140mm and there is NO room between GPU and PSU, I have also looked at that Silverstone SFX-L PSU, it would be a very tight fit with my EVG 970... not sure if it would fit actually. 1cm, maybe with that flat cables, i could mod the included PSU stand for a few extra mm

I looked at my 140mm depth Silverstone Strider Plus 700W and you would not have Enough hight, the connector plugs are too tall without the added cables coming out.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nice job, done any temp testing yet?

Hello Telecaster, not yet, only just finalised the build in the last hour, Dust filter on the side window I may install,
I am really tempted in Pre-ordering Silverstone SFX-L 500W '80 Plus Gold' Fully Modular Power Supply ) 130mm depth & zero rpm tell 41c
, or maybe Silverstone Strider SFX 600W Fully-Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (SST-SX600-G) ver 1.1 no coil whine or fan sound,
also will replace the ZOTAC GTX 970 & try out my Gigabyte GTX 970 ITX
To end this Project I want to do some fine art on the outside of case :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hello Telecaster ,not yet ,only just finalised the build in the last hour , Dust filter on the side window i may install ,
i am really tempted in Pre-ordering Silverstone SFX-L 500W '80 Plus Gold' Fully Modular Power Supply ) 130mm depth & zero rpm tell 41c
, or maybe Silverstone Strider SFX 600W Fully Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (SST-SX600-G) ver 1.1 no coil whine or fan sound ,
also will replace the ZOTAC GTX 970 & try out my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 "Mini-ITX" 4096MB
To end this Project i want to do some fine art on the case :)

I think the Silverstone SFX-L would be a perfect fit with the Mini ITX GPU, go for it. No need for the 600w sfx that is a lot more expensive and probably louder. I would buy it myself if it would fit with a 25 cm GPU... not sure. Post some picture of the PSU in the case - i would appreciate it. Im using a 750w standard PSU right now, can only fit it with the air intake towards the front plate.. I´ts a non modular. I ordered a Be quiet 400w before i bought the gxt 970, returned it to the reseller, they will not accept it... they say someone has opened it?! I haven´t for sure opend it! think it would work with the 970?

Associate
OP
I think the Silverstone SFX-L would be a perfect fit with the Mini ITX GPU, go for it. No need for the 600w sfx that is a lot more expensive and probably louder. I would buy it myself if it would fit with a 25 cm GPU... not sure. Post some picture of the PSU in the case - i would appreciate it. Im using a 750w standard PSU right now, can only fit it with the air intake towards the front plate.. I´ts a non modular. I ordered a Be quiet 400w before i bought the gxt 970, returned it to the reseller, they will not accept it... they say someone has opened it?! I haven´t for sure opend it! think it would work with the 970?

I now placed an order for the Silverstone Strider SFX 600W
yep the Silverstone SFX-L would be great PSU also,:) A lot of stores do 14-day returns, strange, even if it was open & you found it is not to your liking/change of mind.
the Be quiet 400watt should run the GTX 970 fine ,a 970 underload uses only around 164watts upto , there are many Sites that offer a Total Watts Calculate Like coolermaster here

Last edited:
Associate
I now placed a order for the Silverstone Strider SFX 600W Fully Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (SST-SX600-G) ver 1.1 zero rpm tell 45c & no coil whin they say . but yep the Silverstone SFX-L would be great psu also :) , a lot of stores do 14 day returns , strange ,even if it was open & you found its not to your liking/change of mind .
the Be quiet 400watt should run the gtx 970 fine ,a 970 underload uses only around 164watts upto , there are many Sites that offer a Total Watts Calculate Like coolermaster here

The sticker is broken they say, they will send it back... Aint life a bitch - sometimes! It should work in teori, but i´m afraid the amp is to low, EVEGA 970 SC 2.0 will need 30 amp and the PSU will give 17 +16 if you can add them together I'm good? Also according to "sweclockers" a big Swedish review site, the EVGA 970 + a 8 core server CPU would only need a 330w in total. I have a SSD and watercooler to add, no more.

Soldato
I now placed a order for the Silverstone Strider SFX 600W Fully Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (SST-SX600-G) ver 1.1 zero rpm tell 45c & no coil whin they say .

Good luck with that PSU, there's a 65 page thread for it on [H] and I think 64 pages of it are full of complaints about the noise from it. I think a few people have fluked a golden sample which is quiet, but most are noisy.

The main problem being the fan, it's a 12v fan being massively under volted hence it makes silly noises whilst trying to start up on low volts, pity they can't fix this issue on such an expensive PSU, it's not like it's a budget piece of kit.

Unfortunately for a lot of people it's the only option for really small cases with decent power requirements.

Associate
OP
Good luck with that PSU, there's a 65 page thread for it on [H] and I think 64 pages of it are full of complaints about the noise from it. I think a few people have fluked a golden sample which is quiet, but most are noisy.

The main problem being the fan, it's a 12v fan being massively under volted hence it makes silly noises whilst trying to start up on low volts, pity they can't fix this issue on such an expensive PSU, it's not like it's a budget piece of kit.

Unfortunately for a lot of people it's the only option for really small cases with decent power requirements.

Will post pictures tomorrow & let you know of any sound & strange silly sounds:eek:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update SFX 600w Power supply unit 10-02-2015

Gvc3d6s.jpg.png

Its version 1.0, I did not purchase this from OcUK, I was somewhat disappointed at first, then after installing it & turning on PC the fan was still in zero RPM mode for some time on desktop,
then a very faint chirping sound where the fan starting to move, hardly hear the sound, once the fan was moving it was almost dead silent & no Coil whine,
only a very little sound of air passing in the fan if I put my ear up close to the PSU, My CPU fan makes more sound on low RPM and that is almost silent,
also, the SFX 600w Power supply more silent than the previous PSU's I had installed and they were very silent.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Very sleek looking build. I'm quite partial to mini itx PCs so thumbs up from me.

Thank You, more updates to come in the next days,
I now noticed after installing the small PSU: Silverstone Strider SFX 600W Fully-Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply (SST-SX600-G)
the Incase Temps are down on the CPU, more space for warm air & better airflow going out the top.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 19-02-2015 - Silverstone SFX-L 500W '80 Plus Gold' Fully Modular Power Supply

I swapped the SFX 600w with the Silverstone SFX-L 500W, After booting PC to desktop,
been 25mins & fan is still in zero RPM mode with no strange sounds like the SFX 600w ver 1.0 that made a chirping sound almost right away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom