• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My RMA turned up but...

Soldato
I recently sent back a 7970GHZ GPU, sure enough ocuk confirmed it was dead and my replacement turned up today.

Straight away I noticed the box was a little on the battered side, when I got the graphics card out of the anti-static bag it was covered in dust and fluff, at least 3-6 months worth of being used inside a PC case without a dust off.

Is this normal practice? The card however does work fine.

Soldato
Is the card your card, as in its been repaired?

Besides that you should at the very least be getting a factory refurb, which should appear as new, just in a plain box.

Soldato
OP
Is the card your card, as in its been repaired?

Besides that you should at the very least be getting a factory refurb, which should appear as new, just in a plain box.

I pritty sure it's not my card its been turned around to quick to be repaired (sent back thursday receieved replacement tuesday), plus my old card was only 3 weeks old before it died therefore not having any dust on it.

Send it back. That is just not on. Unless you are happy with it

Im not happy its not new, and if its refurbed its not been cleaned, however it does seem to work ok (just benching now) and I hate waiting around without my card.

Permabanned
I recently sent back a 7970GHZ GPU, sure enough ocuk confirmed it was dead and my replacement turned up today.

Straight away I noticed the box was a little on the battered side, when I got the graphics card out of the anti-static bag it was covered in dust and fluff, at least 3-6 months worth of being used inside a PC case without a dust off.

Is this normal practice? The card however does work fine.

No this is not normal. I would send it back.

Like Surveyor has said. you need to post your issue in the customer service area. I'm sure OCUK will sort you out.

Soldato
I bought a brand new GPU months ago, it was over £400 and it came with grease on the PCB and fans and full of dust and the box was all torn up. I was not happy. This was a brand new item too. tbh it put me off buying here a little...

This has been known to happen before. Surely they know people will just ring back ****ed off and demand a new one??

Associate
The OP should be happy his card was replaced in under a week.

Apart from Gigabyte most manufacturers would make you wait 3 weeks+.

I'd rather a fully working card with some dust on it than wait 3 weeks for a "cleaner" card.

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

If he has had it for less than 28 days OcUK should have replaced it with a new one and not send it away for repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The OP should be happy his card was replaced in under a week.

Apart from Gigabyte most manufacturers would make you wait 3 weeks+.

I'd rather a fully working card with some dust on it than wait 3 weeks for a "cleaner" card.

He'd just bought it, so the responsibility would lie with the seller.

Soldato
Never had an issue with ocuk so far.

One thing I did return though was a B grade reservoir. The threads on the ports had been completely stripped by whoever used it before! I had no issue returning it though and just bought a brand new one.

my mate once bought a monitor and didn't do his homework, his gpu wasn't compatible with the new screen due to a design with his case blocking off the hdmi which he didn't want to use as the screen was 120hz. just took it back to ocuk, no fuss and got a different screen

Back
Top Bottom