My son is moaning a lot Fortnite low FPS

Soldato
Evening Guys my son likes playing Fortnite a lot but he complains about the low fps around 17-20 fps

His set up listed here
I3 6100
Asus H110 motherboard
8 gig of 2400 memory

He uses the i3 6100 graphics as this computer was originally my htpc that i used in the past. so whats the best and cheapest way to give him better fps ?

Associate
What chroniclard said basically.

If you can add a GPU in there it will definitely boost by a lot, likely a GTX 1050ti will do, or even something second hand like a 970 from Ebay

Soldato
Even an old GTX 750 1GB will do the job. But you can probably find better for not too much (a new £60 GT 1030 is about equal to GTX 750 in Fortnite). However, if you can spend a bit more then do so (£100 GTX 1050 or a more powerful second-hand card), or run the risk of it running short when he tries other games.

Soldato
Thanks guys but just thinking would a Amd 2200g and new motherboard be a better option or just get him a graphics card ?

Graphics card is your best bet, period.

You'll need fast ram, a new motherboard and the processor. Its mad to spend money on all that when what you need is a dedicated gpu for heavy lifting.

If you're desperate I might part with my remaining 980, it's still a very powerful card, significantly more so than the 1050ti.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replys i just need an option for a psu now as his pico psu isnt going to run any graphics card so what do you guys recommend.

Soldato
If case space is an issue, you can always get an atx case, some decent ones available for around £30 and put a gpu in.

As above it's the on board graphics that's really holding you back.

Associate
hmm, apparently you can get half decent performance with a GT1030, nothing like as good as a 1050, but a big step up from integrated, and they can be had is single slot and low profile varieties. so should be able to cram it into just about any case. And as they're 35w would likely get away with not changing the power supply

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-043-pl.html

quick search turned up this video of someone playing it on a few different settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom