my speakers make a high pitch constant noise. any solutions?

unfortunately for a few months now my surround sound system is making a high pitch constant noise, the sort of noise any higher pitched and only dogs would hear it.

i'm considering replacing the whole system as it's well over 10 years old now, however ocuk don't seem to sell anything under £200 and i can't justify that price.

i've tried unplugging each speaker from the base unit but the noise still comes so assume it's the base that's causing the noise. got me thinking is it possible to just buy a base unit (not sure the correct name for this) and plug the old speakers into that?

if so, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
it's 5.1 speakers that connect to the sub, which connects then to both the sound card of the pc as well as chromecast audio. without anything playing and anything connected other than the speakers, the high pitch noise is there so can't be from whatever is sending the sound as i've unplugged them.

Soldato
OK. It does appear that they are past it, if they still make the same noise when not connected to anything.

You can't just replace the subwoofer though, as these are made and sold complete as they are with the speakers.

Choice is much less than it used to be for PC 5.1 speakers and OcUK's selection is non existent for the more budget friendly options.

Logitech Z506 would probably the best choice for about £80.

Back
Top Bottom