Mystery Freeze

Associate
Battlefield 2142, like it does, decided to not let me exit it, therefore i had to restart. Upon restart, it failed to POST about 6/7 times, only loading up until my CD Drive. All it needed was for me to reset the CMOS, any ideas of what this could have been?

Associate
Not being much of a gamer and not having Battlefield 2142 I can't comment on game problems, however when I get driver/software crashes and my system will not load windows I SHUT DOWN as opposed to restart the pc as a shut down unloads ALL drivers etc. Had this with norton anti-virus & telewest modem drivers, several restarts & a shut down sorted the problem first time.

Not sure what your problem was/is but it may have been the shut down that allowed your pc to boot properly if you reset the bios straight after the failed restarts.

I'm sure someone will post issues known for Battlefield 2142 as overclockers must have a lot of battlefield fans . :)

When I save up to buy a Ultima Extreme SLi 8800 GTX system it will be of course for surfing & minesweeper only. ;)

Back
Top Bottom