Mystery - Microphone not working (multiple headsets tested)

Associate
For those who enjoy a geninue mystery, grab a seat and read below. I must admit this has beaten me and I'm out of ideas.

Let me take you back a windy evening, a week ago. I was happily gaming when my microphone stopped worked. I'm was using a HyperX Cloud II (1 month out of warrenty). I ordered a replacement microphone which also did not work.

I then ordered a Corsair wireless headset which worked perfectly but I didn't find it comfortables so I returned it.

I went back to the drawing board and ordered the Logitec Gaming Pro X. It's USB, but again the microphone does not work. I've been through every window setting I can think of. I've tried it in different USB slots to no avail. What blows my mind is it worked perfectly with the wireless headset and the sound is fine. I really am completely out of ideas.

Any help would be very much appreciated. To be continued...

Soldato
Have you been using the same USB cable to connect both or the ones that came with each headset?

Just I've had 2 cables breakdown on me (3rd party ones) I bought as they were longer.

Could use Display Driver Uninstaller which has an Audio part to it (I've never used it for audio) and reinstall your onboard sound/soundcard drivers - software.

Just be aware that DDU will ask to safe mode (may not to for audio drivers) so you'll need your Windows password which isn't the same as your personal account password.

Reinstalling could reconfigure the settings so your mic is picked up correctly.

Associate
OP
Using different cables for both headset.

I've checked drivers and they all seem to working correctly. I will try a reinstall.

What's bizarre is a separate USB microphone works perfectly when plugged in. Second, it's a headset with a microphone attached it won't detect it.

Soldato
Trying them in another PC/laptop would be one thing to test.
If they work, Wintoys10 has updated itself or some driver broken in your PC.

Back
Top Bottom