N64 and my Doctor

Soldato
Wow I have never seen that before!!Only seen them spoken about, I thought they were for ripped games tho not VCDs.

A quick google suggests it can do that too :p. How cool.

Caporegime
I never should have sold my bung v64!

For those that are asking, its a way to run backups from CD. You needed an original cartridge of some description in the N64.

What I don’t see however is the save cartridge adapter, just the barebones original v64 riser!

Soldato
OP
I never should have sold my bung v64!

For those that are asking, its a way to run backups from CD. You needed an original cartridge of some description in the N64.

What I don’t see however is the save cartridge adapter, just the barebones original v64 riser!

Oh not something else missing :eek:

Caporegime
Oh not something else missing :eek:
So mine had one of these, which from what I remember allowed you to choose a save slot (letters a-z on one dial and numbers 1-20 I think on the other). It essentially allowed for games that had EEPROM space on the cartridge to save their games as "normal" to the game saver.

I remember Blast Corps needed this to save progress amongst others.

v64-save.png

Caporegime
Oh, that's cool, got mine 2nd hand, don't remember seeing anything like that
They weren’t sold with the kit IIRC, mine was new and didn’t come with it, just the standard riser like yours has. It was sold aftermarket as an upgrade option!

Well worth hunting one out if you want to be able to save progress in games :)

Associate
Memories - mine is boxed in the loft worked last time I used it - think I was checking how much ram it had as you could expand them as later games didn't fit the base ones if I remember rightly.
I never got the save cartridge either, only the adaptor.

Associate
I've been using my Doctor V64 recently as well and apart from having to replace the cdrom drive it still works as good today as it did when I bought it from Liksang about 20+ years ago!

Good old Japanese quality!! I bought mine with the DX 256 save cartridge as well as the dsp save one as that was for a different type of game.

I remember using mine for watching VCDs as well as for N64 games and it works really well for both.

Shame I chucked the box for it though but my student loan went to good use :D

Back
Top Bottom