n900 tv out

Soldato
I'm hoping someone here will be able to help since I havn't found too much information online yet, but whats happening is that my brother has recently got an n900 as is looking to try and sort out getting the tv-out working so that media on the phone (usualy 720p .mkv video files) can be played out through our old TV (and when I say old, I mean not even HD).

Currently the best we have managed to accomplish is having a video that plays out through the supplied tv-out cable, through a scart adapter and connected to the TV. The video displays on the TV but is slightly poor FPS (fine quality wise though) so is not too watchable, if anyone knows the ideal file format, and codecs to use that would be great as whatever is used for the file we tested obviously doesn't work due to the fps issue. Another problem is that there is audio on the phone which works fine playing the video, but when connected to the TV there is no audio, just video.

Unfortunately I have no composite in devices to test the phone with, so the scart adapter is required and we are not even sure it is the correct type of adapter (looking online shows that some adapters are 1 way only, or have a switch to switch between input and output), all we know is that the scart only has some of the pins and that video works but audio doesn't.

Any advice would be great as me and my brother would love to be able to use the tv-out on the n900.

Soldato
OP
Well figuring out the TV-out still hasn't been solved but rather that make a new thread I'll just use this for another question. Does anyone know a good way to access windows network shares on the n900? my brother is not much of a linux user and from my somewhat limited experience with it I couldn't help as I have only mounted a network share with smbfs which doesn't seem to be available for the n900.

Associate
you need to use slightly lower quality videos really, 720p is a little OT for the phone to process although I guess you could try and overclock it.

I play TV/Films from mine a fair bit using the TV-Out but not from a HD source.

I don't use mounted file shares on the n900, tried a few of the tools and installed the relevant tool to mount shares but always found it a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom