Naim Nait 5i

Associate
What do you all think of this amp? Go in depth

I am going to demo it in Audio T in an hour. I was almost all set to buy the Rega Mira amp (£600) which i really liked. I have heard that the nait 5i is a really nice amp though, so through temptation have decided to demo it.

I am definitely going for the Rega Apollo cd player (£500) and pretty certain on the Rega R3 floorstanders (£500), so it's just a decision on the amp that remains. I found the Rega Mira considerably better than the Rega Brio, so we'll see how the nait 5i compares.

Like i say, offer whatever you have to say

this rumoured 'super nait', is it meant to be a whole new range? or just the entry level amp, because as far as naim goes, the entry level is all i can currently afford, if even that.

i have demoed the nait 5i twice now in the last 3 days, and my word it is excellent. Going to try and extend the budget towards it. Also i demoed the model up from the speakers i was intending to go for. Instead of the rega R3's , looks like i want to get the rega R5's instead now, much bigger sound and more bass extension, very noticable improvement for just £200 more. Irresistable

Back
Top Bottom