Naturally Aspirated Cars

Soldato
The auto's gears are also quite a bit longer so that probably doesn't help either. It's definitely not as quick as the manual, it's well tried and tested.

Cheaper road tax though, so that's something.
I went to view some GT86’s while browsing for a new car a few weeks ago.. the sales guy was pushing, hard, to sell me an auto GT86. Claiming it was leaps and bounds better than the manual. I just said, it’s a RWD sports car/track toy.. surely people are going to want this in manual ? He was insistent the manual was rubbish.

I sacked that idea off completely and went for an i30n instead :p

Soldato
I went to view some GT86’s while browsing for a new car a few weeks ago.. the sales guy was pushing, hard, to sell me an auto GT86. Claiming it was leaps and bounds better than the manual. I just said, it’s a RWD sports car/track toy.. surely people are going to want this in manual ? He was insistent the manual was rubbish.

I sacked that idea off completely and went for an i30n instead :p

Salesman will say anything :p

Soldato
The auto in the GT86 I had was better in a lot of ways to the dual clutch in my A45.

Yea it is still a good box. It's the same one used in some Lexus models.

If you really want an auto then it's fine, but it won't quite squeeze all the performance out of the car.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have owned 3 Toyotas and all of them have been bullet proof hence why I am looking at the GT86. The dealers have also been great aswell, much better than Nissan and Honda....

It's not a Toyota, and a they're not bulletproof. It's a Subaru with a Toyota badge on it. Sure Toyota designed it, but Subaru made it - just be aware of that.

And please, don't get an auto. It might be a decent enough autobox, but the stock gearing is super long. The point of this car is driver engagement, and it rewards someone who drives it well. The autobox really does defeat the point of it.

Soldato
Yea Subaru caveats apply, watch oil levels and never skip on maintenance. But it should be pretty reliable long term, NA boxer engines last forever when looked after.

Associate
I like the look of the BMW 2 Series.

I don’t I get anything to thirsty though, perhaps at 220i M-Sport...

Go test drive a BMW M140i/M240i, you won't regret it. RWD 3.0L I6 with a twin scroll turbo. Power delivery is very linear, no turbo lag. Plus it's bloody fast.

I love mine.

Permabanned
Anyone had an experience with the Honda CRZ.

Always like these cars but unsure in the fit.

Had a CRX Del Sol a few years back with a working electric roof.
I'm Honda fanatic Here. And I Test Drove FIRST CRZ in UK booking it 8 month in advance cause wanted to buy one.
It's so slow id rather have my Fort Transit Diesel i drive at work than CRZ **** its slow :(

My mate from Birmingham owns one cause its economicalish and its hes daily.

CR-Z is fun... When You swap K20 in it :]

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm Honda fanatic Here. And I Test Drove FIRST CRZ in UK booking it 8 month in advance cause wanted to buy one.
It's so slow id rather have my Fort Transit Diesel i drove at work than CRZ **** its slow :(

My mate from Birmingham owns one cause its economicalish and its hes daily.

CR-Z is fun... When You swap K20 in it :]

Thanks mate for the info I needed.

Back
Top Bottom