'Nature' within distance of London?

Soldato
OP
Sit on a train from any major terminal for >45mins and you'll find something :confused: What a bizarre post.

Let me Google that for you. Where in London are you? There's no point suggesting the Cotswolds if you're in Docklands, for example...

I'm Googling.... but as I never bother with Nature (not in this country) don't really know what's out there.

Also I haven't been to many other towns around the country.

I'm in North London.

Soldato
Jump on a train to Winchester and then walk/cycle some of the South Downs Way.

It's lovely around Cheesefoot Head, Beacon Hill, Old Winchester Hill, Butser Hill etc. I've lived in Southampton for ~26 years and was aware that the South Downs was nearby, but I only discovered it was less than an hours cycle for me in June 2017... I now get withdrawal symptoms if I go longer than a week between visits!

Soldato
Bushy/Richmond park if a bit of greenery and deer everywhere will do. Virginia water is also beautiful but the wildlife is a bit shyer and harder to see, though id be surprised if you didn't see deer if you spent a few hours there. Virginia water is especially beautiful in the Autumn when in bloom.

Soldato
I'm in North London.
If you're in North London I'd say Richmond Park is a bit of a trek not worth doing. It'd be quicker to find something your side of town. Why don't you go out to Epping Forest or even over to the Chilterns for example. Just off the top of my head.

Caporegime
I'm in North London.

Whereabouts in North London and are you planning to spend all day "in nature"?

I mean there are plenty of green spaces within London itself, you could check out Richmond Park in South London for example as already suggested, or walk around Hampstead Heath.

If you're North West London then the Chiltern Hills are pretty close by/easy to get to.

Back
Top Bottom