'Nature' within distance of London?

Soldato
Lol!

We are going to Richmond Park.

Next stupid question. Are there proper path ways or will we be walking and getting muddy?

I.e do I need a spare pair of shoes.

Thanks

unless it pours with rain you can walk anywhere, there are proper paths though if you dont want to mess your shoes

I would say Virginia water/Windsor Great park is far more scenic. The deer in Richmond/Bushy are cool but once you get over them you realize that the place is full of dog walkers and teenagers getting stoned.

Soldato
If you live North London then you should definitely go to Hampstead Heath. Shouldn't be too busy this time of year, and it'll save you at least an hour's travelling time compared to going to Richmond Park.

Man of Honour

Been awhile - used to go there regularly as a child. I have a strong memory of the gates in as for some daft reason just as we were turning in there as a 6-7 year old I decided to pull out the cigarette lighter socket in the car and press my thumb on it! I have no idea why - but I won't forget that in a hurry.

Soldato
When we lived down in SW London we regularly haunted Kew Gardens / Richmond Park / Bushy Park. The South Downs is a pretty quick train journey from Clapham too if you want to get out of London - plenty of nice walks around Burgess Hill, Lewes, Seaford-Eastbourne etc.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
There's foxes everywhere in London. That counts as nature. Take her to a dingy boozer and wait for a couple to pass by. Box ticked.

Back
Top Bottom