'Nature' within distance of London?

Soldato
Nowhere in the SE of England is proper 'nature' imo. I realised this after visiting several national parks in the US! Probably need to head to Scotland or something to get anywhere close!

Soldato
London is the greenest city in Europe and third in the world. There are a lot of big parks, many mentioned already. I would also add Hampstead Heath. London is surrounded by greenbelt also so you can easily find nature. Also there are no gates to lock so you can go there at night and get some spectacular views of London (as well as during the day).

Soldato
London is the greenest city in Europe and third in the world. There are a lot of big parks, many mentioned already. I would also add Hampstead Heath. London is surrounded by greenbelt also so you can easily find nature. Also there are no gates to lock so you can go there at night and get some spectacular views of London (as well as during the day).

Hampstead Heath you say? At night you say? Do your parents know yet?

Soldato
The deer in Richmond Park and Bushy Park are in full rut at the moment. Depending on your view of animals it can be an exhilarating spectacle or downright scary. Bushy Park is smaller and your more likely to see the deer, just follow the bellowing noises but keep out of the way of the charging stags. The Woodland gardens and Pheasantry Plantation there are much more gentle and scenic, there are both wild areas and manicured areas.

Soldato
The deer in Richmond Park and Bushy Park are in full rut at the moment. Depending on your view of animals it can be an exhilarating spectacle or downright scary.
The OP is definitely going to be in the BBC London news Sunday night, injured by a randy stag :p

Associate
Parks are for townies. Go to Burnham beeches, it's millenium old forest, and it actually does feel wild, especially the outer reaches of it.

Yesterday I had to herd ~20 partridges with my car to prevent them to go on the main road. It was 6:30pm.

That's junction #2 on the M40!

Back
Top Bottom