NEC LCD24WMGX3 Professional Gaming 24" Widescreen

Soldato
I do not notice any banding on the lagom test so all I can do is share my settings I guess:

STD-1
Brightness 20%
Contrast 50%
Sharpness 22.3% (I think it actually only has 4 or 5 settings despite it seeming like a fine tune but anything around here passes the sharpness lagom test)
Through Mode OFF
Red 96%
Green 94%
Blue 93.3% (these were stolen from a calibrated settings page somewhere online, looks fine to me)

Soldato
I've just gone from a Dell 2407-HC to a NEC and the difference is immense! The image quality is stunning on the NEC and apart from an ultra stiff stand the monitor has been superb. No USB ports though...missing those :(

Time to calibrate it now!

Soldato
EDIT - just noticed at least 6-7 stuck pixels on grey - top left hand corner of screen, going to call NEC to find out what they can do for me!

Soldato
Yeah I'm thinking of buying a USB hub cos the two on the top of my tower are hard to get to (tis under the desk but sideways). It woulda been cool if there was a hub in the monitor but oh well.

I've not noticed any dead pixels on mine. I think I've been rather lucky with LCD purchases - I've bought (not all for me though) 5 I think and none have dead/stuck pixels. The only screen I have that has a stuck grey pixel is my laptop screen and I only even noticed it for the first time one and a half years after I bought it. It mainly shows up when using MS Word full-screen lol.

Associate
I've not noticed any dead pixels on mine. I think I've been rather lucky with LCD purchases - I've bought (not all for me though) 5 I think and none have dead/stuck pixels. The only screen I have that has a stuck grey pixel is my laptop screen ...

Yeh

I've been lucky I've not had a dead or stuck pixel at all my own panels (laptop or desktop) so far - touchwood!

I did feel a bit embarrassed when I recommended a cheap 24" panel to my flatmate a couple of years ago... When it arrived it had a single dead (black) pixel right near the middle. My eyes were drawn to it immediately - but his eyesight is so bad he didn't even notice it!! :D

Bob

Soldato
Called NEC, spoke to Kate and she just asked me to email her some shots of the stuck pixels. Sent the email to her at 11:56 and at 12:15 she had emailed me back that she was sending me a new screen to arrive tomorrow. NEC will pick up the old one on Wed!! Now thats what I call service. Have asked them to check the replacement for dead/stuck pixels and backlight bleeding. Still loving the display, especially after calibration, amazing!

Caporegime
Called NEC, spoke to Kate and she just asked me to email her some shots of the stuck pixels. Sent the email to her at 11:56 and at 12:15 she had emailed me back that she was sending me a new screen to arrive tomorrow. NEC will pick up the old one on Wed!! Now thats what I call service. Have asked them to check the replacement for dead/stuck pixels and backlight bleeding. Still loving the display, especially after calibration, amazing!

That's why I love NEC. They did it with my old 20" screen. No receipt needed, just gave serial number and the problem and a replacement arrives next day. The day after the courier comes back for your old one. You can't fault service like that. :D

Associate

Hi

Right my next TFT monitor will be an NEC one for sure!! :cool:

Bob

Soldato
Here are some pics that I sent them:

nec1.jpg

nec2.jpg

nec3.jpg

Associate
Yep NEC's service is brilliant. Soon after I purchased my 24WMGX3 I heard a loud POP coming from the unit, It continued to work but was a little worried, called NEC and they asked me if I could scan/email my invoice to them, then sent a brand NEW one next day (DHL) and picked up the old the day after.

5 stars.

Soldato
Ah mate Im so sorry I was unaware that there were any stuck pixels! Glad they sorted it so swiftly for you.

No probs, when I hooked it up initially I thought it was 100% perfect too! Its only when I ran some dedicated pixel test software that it showed up! Awesome monitor though.

P.S. Worked out the reason getting it into the box was so hard was because the stand hadn't been locked in the closed position lol!

Associate
Hmm...

I've just noticed something and I wish I hadn't. The top 5th of my screen seems to be slower than the rest of the screen which results in horrible tearing. If I open a window and drag it left and right the window tears in two and the top bit lags behind the bottom. I've started to notice this in full screen video aswell.

Does anyone elses 24WMGX3 do this?

Associate
Hmm...

I've just noticed something and I wish I hadn't. The top 5th of my screen seems to be slower than the rest of the screen which results in horrible tearing. If I open a window and drag it left and right the window tears in two and the top bit lags behind the bottom. I've started to notice this in full screen video aswell.

Does anyone elses 24WMGX3 do this?

Well that explains why I've only just noticed it. I've just plugged in my old XP pc and it's fine, it's apparently a bug in Windows 7 where the refresh rate is forced to 59hz instead of 60hz. Currently there's no solution to the problem and rather annoyingly it causes tearing on the 24WMGX3. I'm relieved that it's not a problem with the monitor at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using Windows 7 x64 RC and I don't think I ever found a solution to the 59Hz bug but I've never noticed this. It's supposedly fixed in Windows 7 RTM though.

Back
Top Bottom