Need £2500 out of my bank account tomorrow, Will HSBC allow?

So im going to walk in with my passport and necessary other I.D.

Will HSBC allow me to just take £2500 out of my account, they have done in the past but it was a while ago.

My dad at Halifax has to ring up and book it but HSBc are pretty good.

Thanks peeps.

Soldato
No. Normally you need to tell them a few days in advance for amounts over £1500. You'll be able to withdraw that plus max the atm, but that still leaves you short. They might give you more if you ask very nicely, but I wouldn't count on it.

You'll need to take a cheque book too.

Soldato
Call them.

I paid 12k with my debit card for which they gave me a 30 minute window to do so without it being flagged and stopped. Called in the morning and did it at 12pm.

Associate
I needed to take out £4000 from my HSBC a/c about 2 years ago to buy a car.

I rang the branch in question the day before the withdrawal to make sure it was ok.. no problem at all.

HSBC are OK, just give them prior notice and if you haven't got your cheque book then take plenty of ID.

Took out the money for my car, but I had to CHAP it over from my building society as they needed 48 hours notice. Then I had to sit in HSBC for 45 minutes and get the Spanish inquisition as I didn't bring my cheque book. Brought my passport, driving licence, utility bill, both bank cards and a statement and it still took that long.

The effort to get at your own money these days is high, but then I guess with all the shady folk about it's a necessary evil.

Associate
Yea take your cheque book, i needed £2.5k last year and didnt have my cheque book. Had to get he manager out in the end as they refused to give me my money, got it sorted in the end but would be less hassle if I had known to bring the cheque book.

Soldato
By the way, why is a damn chequebook the be all and end all of identity verification?

If I even had one (I do not) it would what I would most likely to carry on my person all the time, and lose easier. It has my Bank on it, sort-code and account number.

All other forms of identity are less likely to be lost, have photographic ID and are significantly harder to forge.

Someone explain?

Don
do it through a bankers draft.

it instantly goes from your account, then you give the guy who owns the car the cheque (it's a cheque from the bank, not from you)

unless you HAVE to give him cash

Back
Top Bottom