need a 5m Toslink with white cable

Associate
After a recent room decoration I have a great looking white theme going on (most cables are white that I could manage). I need a 5m Toslink (not mini) with white cable, but I've trawled the web and can only find one with a mini Toslink at one end (and it's out of stock for now), and I've only found one adapter to solve this which I can purchase from the USA.

Can anyone suggest where I may find what I need?

Soldato
If you have trouble finding a white cable, you could use some white heat-shrink tubing on a standard black cable. Although that is assuming you can get the heat-shrink over the connectors and still have it so it can shrink enough. Depends on the thickness of the cable itself I suppose.

I've not seen many white ones after doing a quick search. They were either some overpriced fancy branded stuff, or a Belkin one which was too short.

Associate
OP
Heat-shrink is not a bad idea, will definitely consider it. I've gone with a "hide in plain sight" philosophy with all white cables running around the edge of the room, with white velcro fasteners to bundle them - looks really good, far better than the horrible plastic adhesive stuff in my opinion. I have speaker cables, network cables, phone cables etc and it looks really tidy and a nice solution to cable tidying. I've just got a samsung led tv that only has optical out (no rca) so I need a cable to connect to my dac to use with my amp. And yes, I do have a cable fetish :D

Soldato
Another idea could be some white cable trunking. The kind that is designed to run along at the bottom of the skirting board. It's got a nicer shape that the plain box stuff which is common.

Associate
OP
thanks for the suggestion Marsman, but I just don't like any of the trunking stuff. I've used it before and didn't mind it, but I like what I have now, simple and elegant and looks pretty cool. Replacing all my cables with white ones took a lot of bargain hunting, but it was worth it, looks very clean. I think I will order the mini to standard adapter from the states and wait until the Fisual Pearl mini to standard comes in stock somewhere :)

Back
Top Bottom