need a new cooler for a Ryzen 1700

Associate
so it seems my old Corsair H80 cannot be used with an AM4 board so i will need soemthing to replace the stock cooler i think fairly soon. errrr anthing that is super great, or great value thats i should be looking at, its a been ages since i was cooler shopping so not even sure what things i should be asking.

case will be a phantek p400s

budget is errrr not lots while i want to oc to a nice round number like 4ghz i dont want to melt the chip to do it, need ideas and suggestions to help me narrow down things a bit

Soldato
Nice case. I was going to say something like a Noctua NH-D15, but that are literally MASSIVE.

Hmm just noticed you mentioned budget so maybe not that great a recommendation then.

What Relentless81 said above looks good, bit cheaper too.

Associate
OP
yeah nd the ram i ordered was out so i got ones that stick up a bit so i thihk id prob go for one of the self contained water cooling ones, but sigh sooo many and of course seems most dont specify am4 fitting. urgh

Associate
yeah nd the ram i ordered was out so i got ones that stick up a bit so i thihk id prob go for one of the self contained water cooling ones, but sigh sooo many and of course seems most dont specify am4 fitting. urgh

I have that case with an am4 noctua12s (~£55) and an msi x370 gaming carbon. No issues with clearance for ram or side panel.

I did plan to use a dark rock 3 but the bracket arrived late and I got impatient. It's just sitting there in the box now.

Back
Top Bottom