Need advice on a build - £2000 is it worth waiting?

Associate
In a nutshell, I would like to build a PC using £2000 budget. however hearing about the Intel 8-core soon to be dropped in October. Is it worth the wait in terms of budget friendly builds? or am I better off just going with a intel i7-8770k build.

Though I'm going to be mainly making a Gaming PC with a lot of streaming / Rendering videos. I'm a type of person which loves to watch high FPS numbers though I never tried AMD, I fear a lot about switching and all the hassle it might bring which is why I'm leaning to staying with Intel.

currently have a 1080p / 60hz monitor which is why I'm considering getting a monitor with it. (for the 1440p experience) so I can maybe bring the price just over the 2k mark

Edit: this might be the wrong topic/place to post this. I just realized.

Soldato
@Nicholas_

Welcome . It's easy enough to quote Ryzen based system , but for intel you'll be waiting for end of September - still has Q3 launch but deep pockets , and boards are mostly higher end .

You'll see on Monday more info on new Nvidia cards which should be powerful but prices will rise if you haven't ordered one when they come out - those that got Pascal GPUs 2 years ago will remember this ...

Also, Nvidia monitors are more expensive then AMD fFreesync

Also depends on what software your using .. Davinci Resolve is free and likes the most power/threads you can through at it !
And streaming.. more threads the better

Soldato
if you did feel like buying now and wanted to go the amd route because they offer 8 cores which would better your streaming etc then maybe something like this?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,959.91 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

the promo bundle only comes with 2 sticks of ram and with 32gb of ram usually recommended for the sort of things you want to do then i have added an individual 16gb kit to make up the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom