• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need advice. Problems with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 545v. Help.

Associate
Hello. I`m having an insane problem with my graphic card on Dell studio 1557.
I have an Intel i7 CPU Q720 @1.60 GHz 1.60 GHz with 6 gigs of ram. The card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 545v.
When it comes down to gaming after 30 minutes, sometimes less, black lines start randomly appearing on the screen. In the worst case the driver just crashes.
The ATI GPU Meter shows that the clock rate of the card is 680:800. In ATI tools the scan for artifacts shows tons of yellow lines. The card has never been overclocked.
Will de-clocking the card fix this issue?

Man of Honour
Can you post an image of the corrupted screen?

Have your tried re-installing/updating the video driver? Install your current drivers, then run DriverSweeper before installing the new. It that still doesn't work, then repeat the same process only try an older driver.

Check for any firmware updates on 545 but check first this doesn't invalidate any warranty.

My initial thoughts are bad video RAM.. but see how you go withe above first.

Associate
OP
dosuq.jpg

This is Ati Tools artifact's scan plus I threw in some GPU reading. I'll get a screen of the distorting black lines later today. Note : I didnt change any settings in Ati Tools, this is what I get when opening it.

I have tried multiples versions of drivers, never firmwares tho and I dont think I went for anything lower than 10.0 (CCC) But isnt going for an older driver means worse performance in games and 3d applications?

Back
Top Bottom