Need Help finding 4k Gaming Monitor

Associate
Guys,

Need some assistance I am after a screen that does 4k has gsync and at least 120hz and I have done loads of research online and cant find one anyone have any hands on advice?

I recently went for the Acer Predator XB273KP 27" which seemed to tick all the boxes and was on offer for £999 elsewhere so thought be mad not too.

Problem was when i used it in a dark room the so called Bleed / Glow was ridiculous and tried playing Metro Exodus and in dark areas was a joke for a monitor if this expense??

My previous screen was an Asus VG278H 27" TRUE 120Hz 3D Widescreen LED

I want to make the move to 4k as the visuals look stunning and have been on 1080p for a long time now and also looking in getting the new 2080 ti super when it appears so in terms of hardware running a 4k monitor isnt an issue.

I eagerly await your advice guys as I dont know abut HDR etc and definately not paying 2k for a monitor lol.

Is there any new screens / tech due out??

Note: Ignore my signature its out of date and need to update it I have i9 and gtx 1080 currently

Soldato
You might be waiting a while for a 2080Ti Super...

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/n...-is-not-going-to-happen-soon-(if-at-all).html

If you don't have the horsepower now, you may be best to get a 2080Ti... it still does a good job with 4K, and that monitor is probably your only viable choice for the time being also. I'm not aware of any new 27" 4K monitors on the horizon, only 43" which would be the same PPI as a 27" 1440p or 34" Ultrawide, so therefore offer no real benefit in sharpness (unless you sat further away). Personally, I prefer 32" at 4K, just that bit more usable and still super sharp, but no high refresh examples exist yet.

Associate
OP
@Quartz Isnt this basically the same screen I have already tried "Acer Predator XB273KP 27" but with Gsync rather than freesync. The bleed and glow was unbearable on it and was also told HDR400 is not really worth having?

Soldato
@Quartz Isnt this basically the same screen I have already tried "Acer Predator XB273KP 27" but with Gsync rather than freesync. The bleed and glow was unbearable on it and was also told HDR400 is not really worth having?

I'm not sure - I can get 144 Hz at 4K - but mine is lovely. Did you make sure the brightness and contrast were turned down and the monitor fully calibrated?

Associate
OP
well this monitor comes calibrated and also has a report to confirm it and I would not know where to start to do it anyway. Yes i turned down the brightness and contrast.

Here is a pic i took before returning it was on Metro Exodus in a dark room scene on the game, i know the camera exaggerates it but still shows the problem)

https://imgur.com/H1vV4SC

Associate
OP
its put me of ips, so would you say that was an extreme case of a bad screen ? Having said that i have lent a lg led tv 21" which is also funny enough an IPS but cant see anything like that. so if I was to get another would it be the same or shall I hold up and hope something is on the horizon to be released? or if prices come down for a hdr1000 and gsync 4k screen like the 2k price tag one

Back
Top Bottom