Need help finding a 60% silent keyboard

Associate
Hi guys and gals,

i recent bought a mechanical keyboard for gaming after never actually using one before.

Well i didnt no it was going to be loud enough to wake my better half up while im playing so now im looking for a good budget 60% keyboard that is as near to silent as possible.

I can sell my current keyboard for around £40-£50 and maybe add around £30 on top ( i would rather not pay a stupid amount on a keyboard)

Im basically looking for options and opinions.

look forward to your input.

Cheers.

Associate
Been looking into this recently myself as I often type late at night for work, though I'm looking at a full size one. Still using an old, moderately quiet membrane that I like primarily for having chiclet style, wide spaced keys.

Seems unless you want to pay around £150 for a 'quiet' mechanical, cheaper laptop style scissor keys and membrane keyboards are better for quiet operation.

Was all set to get the Logitech K740, but then you can't remove the giant integrated wrist rest. So now I'm looking at a Kensington Advance Fit K72357UK. It's full size with media buttons which I need for the price of under £30 looks amazing and many reviews say it's very quiet.

Couldn't find nearly as any options for a 60% style, but it seems there's a really cheap Jelly Comb KUS009 for only £20 that even comes with a mouse that is well rated for being quiet. Certainly not the best but could be a quick and easy fix for the noise issue.

Associate
OP
Yes I'm stuck for options and really don't want to be splashing out £150 on a keyboard as I only use it for gaming, I just prefere the mechanical feel over the membrane keyboards but I suppose it may be a viable option for now at least I guess.

I will have a look at what you suggested, cheers.

Associate
Just an update to this, I just got the Kensington Advance Fit and it's definitely a lot quieter than my old board. It's not totally silent but even with my heavy typing style it's still relatively quiet. You can still hear it, but then typing back on my old keyboard for comparison I realised just how loud my other board is. I often type after 11 pm so am pleased to have something that even when hammered with fast typing doesn't make much noise at all.

It's a quality piece of kit for the price and I can definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quieter keyboard.

Associate
Brown switches are fairly quiet.
Most mechanical keyboards also have the key bottoming out and rebound plastic rattle. Bottom out can be mitigated by damper o rings, the second one don't know

Back
Top Bottom