Need help - Going to Lille - no idea what to do...

Man of Honour
Pick a destination based on what you want to do rather than randomly pick somewhere. Not an awful lot to do in Lille - can you go further afield?

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14946281 said:
Pick a destination based on what you want to do rather than randomly pick somewhere. Not an awful lot to do in Lille - can you go further afield?

It was most convenient with it being a Eurostar destination and we tend to approach these things with an open mind. It's a beautiful little city but I was curious about anyone elses experiences.

Caporegime
If you like museums the Palais des Beaux Arts is a good stop. The Vieille Bourse (on the Grande Place), and the surrounding areas are a good bet. And if you like cheese, Phillipe Olivier's Fromagerie.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Ive been there once, was only a couple of days staying with friends, really just spent my time walking through the center, is pretty cool.

Soldato
OP
Well back from Lille - not too bad a city really - on Sunday it's pretty dead apart from a massive market which was pretty cool. Saturday is shopping heaven - excellent shops for both men and ladies!

French chicks... Well hot! And not an UGG boot or shell suit in sight!!! YAY. Unfortunately the same could not be same for many of the guys - CHAV central - how can the chicks get it so right and the guys get it so wrong??? No fatties either - weird but French chicks are on the whole hotter than English chicks... IMO :D

Other than getting stuck on the poxing Eurostar for five hours on Friday night and finally getting back to the hotel at 3am after being rescued by the emergency services, sitting in the dark on a train for 3 hours with 1000 other people - not a bad trip.

Not my first choice for a European city break tho - go to Paris or Brussels if you have to take Eurostar - otherwise I'd steer clear - it's not a city that caters to tourists with most of the 'sights' closed or not even used as a site... booo

Back
Top Bottom