Need help with an old P8P67 Deluxe mobo

Associate
I was hoping to get a little help with an older mobo I used to use. Here's the story...

I had an idea to put together some old components to refresh an old PC and give it a new lease of life. For the most part, it works! However, the GPU I was using before is not being detected on this Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard. The weird thing is, I'm sure these old parts are what used to make up my old gaming PC which used the exact same GPU, the Asus Matrix Platinum 290X.

So, I tried a few things, i.e. moving the card into the other PCIe 2 slot = no result. The third slot was impossible to try. I also checked that the GPU was seated properly = no difference. I tried the "Safe Mode" button on the back of the 290X = nothing changed. I even looked at other things like the RAM seating, took other cards out (a USB3 PCIe x1 card), but still nothing.

The weirdest thing is... the machine does boot, it's just that, the monitor is blank. So, I remembered that I have Splashtop (a remote screen viewer) installed, so, I was able to boot the machine, carefully log-in and then I streamed via Splashtop to my tablet! :D I was able to browse the machine! Anyway, I checked the device manager and there was no display adapter. Hmm...

Just for completist's sake, I also tried a Sapphire 280X which didn't work, and finally, an old Asus DirectCU II 560ti which did work. But, as you may imagine, going from a 290X to a 560ti is not fun.

Can anyone offer some advice on what could be happening here? I tried reflashing the latest BIOS updates, but it didn't do anything. The only other thought I've had would be to try the GPU in my other PC and see if I can flash the gpu bios (it uses 2). I wonder if that may fix the issues I'm experiencing with it not being recognised on the mobo. Thanks in advance!

Associate
Hi seem to be having similar issues as just got a GTX970 and noting happening just a black scree there must be a signal as blue led on screen is steady

Do you get posting screen come up as i don't get anything even bios screen

Associate
OP
To be clear, I get a blank display. It never turns the monitor on, so, there's no video output. But, as I said in my previous post, I can recognise when the PC boots up and I'm able to log into Splashtop via my tablet.

Back
Top Bottom