Need help with m, new houses' home network.

Associate
Need help with my new houses' home network.

Afternoon people, ain't used this forum in a while! Been away getting hitched and moving house lol, decided on the Sky package for TV, Phone & Interweb. Using the parents new laptop atm which is all this new fangled wireless stuff.

Question is, I've got the wireless router out in the hall and an old 20Gb Xbox in the living room and a 6 year old Dell Dimension 5000 in the 3rd room upstairs, I hope you can see my problem unfolding, is it a case of tracking metres of cable all over the house to get both of these fixed for internet access? Pondered the wireless adapter for the Xbox but I've heard bad reports. As for the PC upstairs, can anyone recommend a wireless card? Not up on these networking things.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Soldato
How do these work regarding the PC & Xbox connectivity?

Not really sure what you mean.

Each adapter has an ethernet port.

Plug an adapter into a mains socket near each device you want to network (router/PC/XBox), and then connect the device to it using a standard network cable. The fact that you're using adapters rather than direct cable connections is transparent to the connected device.

Associate
OP
Not really sure what you mean.

Each adapter has an ethernet port.

Plug an adapter into a mains socket near each device you want to network (router/PC/XBox), and then connect the device to it using a standard network cable. The fact that you're using adapters rather than direct cable connections is transparent to the connected device.

Ah right, I get you now, less cabling due to each adapter being in the room for the device. Nice idea!

Back
Top Bottom