NEED HELP WITH MOUNTING FUNNY SHAPE FAN'S TO RADS

Associate
I'VE GOT A 420 RAD AND I NEEDED SOME LOW PROFILE FANS.
BOUGHT SOME CRYORIG XT 140 140MM/13MM FANS BUT FOUND OUT THERE NOT THE NORMAL FIXING PATTERN.
FOUND THIS ON OCUK WEB PAGE AND WENT TO ORDER, BUT ITS NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE.
IS THERE A DIFFERENT MAKE THAT DOES SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP.
THIS IS THE RAD GUARD TYPE I NEED. WITH SOME MEAT AROUND THE FANS SO I CAN MARK AND DRILL MY OWN HOLES TO SUIT.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitspower-mesh-radgard-420-triple-radiator-grill-black-wc-300-bp.html

Soldato
No need to shout :D

Why not consider getting something made, like maybe on a laser cutter? You could get a sheet made up that screws into the fan holes and then has other holes for your fans.

Can we see a pic of your fans?

But then adding a grille or sheet will add thickness again. Why do you need low profile fans? The 12mm you save will be partially lost on the thickness of anything you sandwich in there

Soldato
Would it not be easier to get normal fans and do the sensible thing and add a longer bit of tube from the rad - presuming this is why you ‘need’ low profile fans?

Instead of that 90 rotary, would move the horizontal down a few centimetres and solve the issue without compromising on the fans.

Soldato
Would it not be easier to get normal fans and do the sensible thing and add a longer bit of tube from the rad - presuming this is why you ‘need’ low profile fans?

Instead of that 90 rotary, would move the horizontal down a few centimetres and solve the issue without compromising on the fans.
Agreed - alternatively look at mounting the fans on the other side of the radiator. The pipe rework will be the same but it will still look tidy like it does now.

Back
Top Bottom