Need some advice on how to train myself so I can beat cake mixtures better.

Soldato
Couldn't think of a title, but anyway.

I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, 2 or 3 of those times is to do weights. I lift a respectable amount and am by no means weak.

However whenever I beat mixture for a cake or similar I can do it for about 10 seconds at a slowish pace before my arm becomes extremely tired and when I'm done with it it feels like a big workout!

I must be working a muscle or muscles that I don't seem to be working at gym when I beat cake mixture!

Does anyone have any workouts I can do that will make my arm more agile and give it some more stamina for this type of job. My muscles seem to be very much like a sprinters, all power but no stamina.

Soldato
OP
Just out of interest what's your diet like honestly?

Do you eat loads of protein from meats and dairy? How much fruit and veg do you eat a day?

I have about 5-7 fruit and veg a day guaranteed. And my protein intake is probably very average. I try to stay away from too much dairy products such as milk as it's not too good for my body if I have too much. I have meat, including fish about 5 or 6 times a week. To be honest at the moment I don't really take my diet into consideration with my workout. My diet is extremely healthy but my gym sessions don't tie in with it at all.

Associate
I would suggest that this is much more likely to be your beating/whisking technique or "form" to use the parlence of SA. Do you hold your whisk above your fist by your thumb, or below it by little finger? this will change what muscles you mainly use. what size whisk and bowl do you use? I doubt that a particular workout at gym is going to make a huge difference. You could maybe try the OcUK favourite of a powerball though?

Back
Top Bottom