Need suggestion for a pre-built.

Associate
Hopefully this is right place to post this, but I'm interested in buying a pre-built PC.

Right now I'm looking at This and This but happy to change if theres a better option

I want it for gaming mostly. The only thing I know I want for sure is a 1070, but everything else I'm open to suggestions.

So question is, should I get one of those or is there a better option? I saw the Z270 Pre-builts but seems like they are mostly for SLI which I'm not interested in.

Also I read that there is a one click overclocking option on the Z170, are those good/reliable or is it better to just do it yourself? I've never overclocked before so the easier the better.

Also what are the differences between the Midi and Pro ones? Is it just the option for SLI in the pro one and the cases? Bit unsure what to go with. Thanks.

Man of Honour
Give us your max budget and we will get the best option for you, the z270 are virtually the same price and cpu wise perform slightly better.

Also out of the 2 you sugested the pro has a higher watt psu.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
£1400 at most I guess, a little over is fine if its worth it.

Another thing I forgot to mention is I don't need windows so thats a little taken off.

Man of Honour
Can you wait a couple of weaks as AMD should release the Ryzen 6 cores cpu's so we can see how they perform against the 4 core intel ?

If not this overclcoked system looks good.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x Titan Bayonet Overclocked Gaming PC - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 4.8GHz Kabylake = £1,372.96
    • Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Window Edition - Black Full Acrylic Side Window
    • Memory:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B30
    • Operating System:Unwanted
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
    • Storage Mechanical Hard Drive:Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST1000DM010)
    • Optical Drive **Please Check Case Support**:Unwanted
    • Sound Card:Unwanted
    • WIFI:Unwanted
    • Lighting:Unwanted
    • Primary Solid State Drive / Hard Drive:Samsung SM961 Polaris 256GB M.2-2280 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive
    • Secondary Solid State Drive / Hard Drive:Unwanted
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Graphics CardPalit GeForce GTX 1070 Jetstream 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • CPU:Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM

Total: £1,387.06
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Associate
OP
Can you wait a couple of weaks as AMD should release the Ryzen 6 cores cpu's so we can see how they perform against the 4 core intel ?

I kinda need it soon, like within 2 weeks, so rather not wait that long, and I prefer intel products anyway.

If not this overclcoked system looks good.

Whats the benefit of that one over this one? Seems the one you linked has less options, is the PSU good enough? Have 650W in my current PC and only have a 660 and i5 2500k, is 550W really enough?

Man of Honour
The benefits of my system is that its overclocked and has a fast m2 drive and gives you what you asked for. 550 watt perfectly fine for a single gpu set up overclocked otherwise overclockers wouldnt have put it in the system.

The system you linked is not overclcoked, has a slightly better motherboard and a 850 watt psu for going sli and wequivalnt spec to mine would cost this.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Kabylake Z270 Pro Gaming PC Configurator = £1,464.83
    • CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro M Midi Tower Case with Window - Black
    • Processor:Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • CPU Cooler:Alpenföhn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler - 120 mm
    • Graphics CardPalit GeForce GTX 1070 Jetstream 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Graphics Card 2 (SLI/Crossfire):Unwanted
    • M.2 Solid State Drive **For Operating System If Selected**:Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive 1:Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E250B/EU)
    • Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 1:Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST1000DM010)
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Optical Drive **Please Check Chassis Support**:Unwanted
    • Power Supply:Super Flower Leadex II 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
    • Sound Card:Unwanted
    • Networking:Unwanted
    • Case Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Unwanted
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
    • Keyboard:Unwanted
    • Mouse:Unwanted
    • Monitor:Unwanted
    • Gaming Headset:Unwanted
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
    • Motherboard:Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    • Memory:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B30

Total: £1,478.93
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Back
Top Bottom