Need to buy a new game pc advise

Associate
Hi i need to buy a game pc the problem is that I use a 55 inch 4k tv as monitor ,I .don t mind to use the full4 k resolution plus I have a limit budget 500 pound max what can I get ? Thanks

Associate
Welcome.

Certainly not a 4k machine. But also your TV could be limited to low FPS depending on model. Right now is terrible time to build as GPUs are unavailable, and if available they're too high of cost. Something your budget is impossible with.

It's not even worth buying cheap now with plan to upgrade in 6months imo. But there are some options, be it not good ones.

How keen are you for PC?

Soldato
As mentioned above you're not likely to get anything decent for £500.

You could navigate the minefield of used gaming PCs but I haven't seen any good deals at all. The shortage of new GPU supply is bumping up older cards so much.

I've not looked into the console world in some time but you may be better off looking down that route. Someone else could advise on that though.

Soldato
The best option for £500 is a ps5 or xbox series X since the GPU alone in those would cost about £450 if buying a PC equivalent.

You would need to spend around 1k minimum just to get a PC that performs on par with the new consoles.

Back
Top Bottom