Need to get away for a night. Suggestions please.

Commissario
So much going on, I need to get away for a day/night. Just jump in the car on Saturday morning, drive to a hotel somewhere, stay overnight, have a steak and a couple of shandies in the evening, fill up with pancakes on Sunday morning (this is important, I have a real urge for breakfast pancakes) and drive home. Wife is working Saturday and Sunday so I can do this.

Anywhere within 300 miles of north east Essex. I want to be on the road by lunchtime.

Suggestions?

/edit - I’m not going to Rhyl.

Soldato
Sunday morning (this is important, I have a real urge for breakfast pancakes)
American pancakes with maple syrup and sides could be a challenge in the UK - we never got an International house of pancakes implantation, post brexit;
I know Arbuckles do them (but could/will be a disappointment) ;
not aware that Cambridge is a standout pancake destination otherwise I'd be there for brunch - maybe somewhere near a usa airbase.

edit: if you have a prime account - from my earlier thread

50375262318_14bd1cd613_z_d.jpg

Man of Honour
Drive to Canterbury, Kent, check into “House of Agnes”, St. Dunstan’s Street, check out Unicorn pub nearby, or Bishops Finger, or The Monument, all do food, some have steaks.
Next morning a reasonable stroll to Cafe Chambers, Palace St, for blueberry pancakes, banana milkshakes, French toast, knock yourself out!

Soldato
Drive to Canterbury, Kent, check into “House of Agnes”, St. Dunstan’s Street, check out Unicorn pub nearby, or Bishops Finger, or The Monument, all do food, some have steaks.
Next morning a reasonable stroll to Cafe Chambers, Palace St, for blueberry pancakes, banana milkshakes, French toast, knock yourself out!

+2

Been to the Unicorn many a time myself - food is also decent too last time I went. Also don't forget The Foundry microbrewery off the Highstreet. There is also the Old Buttermarket near the Cathedral and the Parrot pub(one of the oldest in the City IIRC).

Associate
Who just goes and stays in a hotel for no other reason other then wife is at work :confused:

Just stay at home and doss about, why spend £ on a hotel when you have the place to yourself?

And "so much going on" what does this mean? You must go and stay in a hotel because of this? It makes no sense to me

Associate
Going to the Isle of Wight for no other reason then wife at work and you want to get away for 1 day screams of more money then sense

It's like my millionaire grandfather "I will fly to the Isle of Wight for a cup of tea today"

Fyi my grandfather is a right arse :cry:

Back
Top Bottom