Need to get on the property ladder (22)

Soldato
Im 22, just finished uni (HND) and have gone into a 14K job (Which i enjoy, the pay is low but thats because i was a uni student with no experience).

I live at home at the moment, i dont have any money saved up (well 1k but that is towards the 4k student loan i have to repay). Im paying £130 per month rent at home.

At some point i want my own place, probably sharing a 2 bedroom house with a mate or something.

I want to get a mortage rather that rent, i want something to come out of the end of it. I know i cant afford it yet, well, i probably could but its doubtful i would have any money to spend/wont be able to get to work. The other thing im worried about is being able to afford a deposit, id probably have to say for 2 years.

Man of Honour
Blow all your money on cool stuff like cars instead, you've got the rest of your life to pay council tax bills and contemplate who is the best household gas supplier as well as chosing soft furnishings.

Soldato
think realistically you'll need to save for a while.

Also any chance you are able not to pay your parents rent so you can save the extra £130 for yourself asa deposit for a house ?

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
Blow all your money on cool stuff like cars instead, you've got the rest of your life to pay council tax bills and contemplate who is the best household gas supplier as well as chosing soft furnishings.

"Fancy a cruise round town in my posh motor love? Afterwoods, we can go back to my Mum and Dads and creap round trying not to wake them up".

Soldato
starscream said:
"Fancy a cruise round town in my posh motor love? Afterwoods, we can go back to my Mum and Dads and creap round trying not to wake them up".

Pff. Have you seen the size of his parents' pad?

He probably just takes them to the west wing instead.

Soldato

Use a Hotel.
Then she won't find out where you live. :D

Soldato
Get a rolex. £1000
Get some nice clothes. £200
Hire a Porsche for the day. £200
Go out cruising.
Go to a club. £20
Tell the women your're a high roller.
Drive'em back to a fancy hotel. £100
Get laid.

Get a new one each week.

Soldato
Without sounding disrespectful, I dont think that you will be able to get a mortgage on 14k a year without a deposit. I dont know how much houses are in Wales, but around where I live you are looking at around a 20k deposit and paying at least £500 a month for a 1/2 bed flat.
Stay at home, save your money as much as you can, and once you have a decent sized deposit and hopefully start earning more money, consider moving out.

Permabanned
neocon said:
Get a rolex. £1000
Get some nice clothes. £200
Hire a Porsche for the day. £200
Go out cruising.
Go to a club. £20
Tell the women your're a high roller.
Drive'em back to a fancy hotel. £100
Get laid.

Get a new one each week.

A rolex for £1000 "you having a laugh"

Man of Honour
starscream said:

I somehow doubt everyone who gets on the property ladder does so in order to pull random girls from grubby clubs :p

Besides if thats really your cup of tea, you can buy 5 star hotel room every weekend for much less than the cost of a house ;)

Soldato
My point was to buy some flashy clothes. You could wear fake diamond ear-ring or gold chain. Just to trick the footballer hunting female.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
I somehow doubt everyone who gets on the property ladder does so in order to pull random girls from grubby clubs :p

Besides if thats really your cup of tea, you can buy 5 star hotel room every weekend for much less than the cost of a house ;)

Independence > Flash car was what I was trying to get at :)

Back
Top Bottom