• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
At such low resolution The CPU is under high load because it can't keep the GPU supplied fast enough.

AT 800*600 your 1080Ti is basically doing nothing.

Associate
OP
At such low resolution The CPU is under high load because it can't keep the GPU supplied fast enough.

AT 800*600 your 1080Ti is basically doing nothing.
Still confused. So, on MIN settings GPU stays in idle but CPU produce graphics and physics itself only?

Soldato
Still confused. So, on MIN settings GPU stays in idle but CPU produce graphics and physics itself only?

The GPU always produces the graphics. On low resolutions the GPU can draw the frame quicker than the CPU can send it, so it's waiting for the CPU all the time. At higher resolutions, it takes longer and longer for the GPU to draw the frame so the CPU doesn't have to work as hard, as it's waiting for the GPU to finish before sending the next frame.

Associate
OP
The GPU always produces the graphics. On low resolutions the GPU can draw the frame quicker than the CPU can send it, so it's waiting for the CPU all the time. At higher resolutions, it takes longer and longer for the GPU to draw the frame so the CPU doesn't have to work as hard, as it's waiting for the GPU to finish before sending the next frame.
Got it. Thanks.

Associate
OP
HDAudBus.sys is generating a ridiculously large number of ISRs (more than 20x as many as my system over a similar period)... I reckon it's your audio drivers.
But it hadn't the highest ISR latency. So, what is 20x on your system? 20 ms?
Following to your reckon I should. uninstall Realtek Driver? But I tried to disable it through device manager and it wasn't helpful though.
Boot SSD drive... do you have at least 30% of drive free?
I divided my 236 GB SSD onto 2 partions, 1 OS - 102 GB (~35 gb used), 2 SSD Games - 134 GB (~70 GB used (Witcher - 33 GB, WOT - 32.6 GB, tools ~4 GB)). Totally: ~105 GB (45%) used from 236 GB available.

Associate
OP
I set to default and then reconfigured UEFI settings to "Custom Default":
- Customize the curve of all the CPU/CHASS fans to the following (Temp-Duty Cycle): 20C-20%/35C-50%/50C-100%
- Disable unnecessary EXT/HAMP fans, SATA ports and boot devices (leave only Win Boot Manager).
- Enable #1 XMP profile and set Sync All Cores to "Auto"mode.
- Set PCI & DMI to Gen3 speed.
- Set PCIEX4_3 and M.2_2 port to X4 speed.
- Disable all lighting, "bells and whistles" like ROG Effects, etc.
- Saved all these changes to ASUS OC #1 Profile named "Custom Default".

Then, I recorded new MSI Afterburner hardware monitor logs for GTA 5 (MAX settings, no SYNC) and The Witcher 3 (MAX, with/without VSync).

In GTA 5 these UEFI changes wasn't destroyed issues without FPS cap, but with 150 FPS lock (using RTSS) gameplay was really smooth (logs are below).
In The Wtcher 3 I recorded two logs with VSync disabled and enabled. You can compare logs and figure out what's the culprit of frame time spikes and micro stuttering.

Please, check the following MSI AB logs and help me decide where to dig.
GTA 5 logs with & without FPS lock: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-4ch0jRzfUOE4BJezOoUePhcQZUDa7-u?usp=sharing
The Witcher 3 logs with & without VSync: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K-bBvtLE6xIkBVNGjtr0vo7bjSayMBub?usp=sharing
Parent Google Drive "Games" folder with all games data included: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FnN9ITcfzt3Dfqi6TJo9L5rM-yW_lSvk?usp=sharing

How do you think, what actually causes games issues on my rig?

Soldato
On my older build a few years ago (which ran SLI), I had to keep a log of personal game fixes to combat stuttering in all sorts of different ways. I became quite obsessed about fixing stutter in games. It wasn't just an SLI issue either, by the way.

On my newer rig (1080Ti, x99 and 5930k on x34 Gsync monitor) I now have very few stutter issues in games, and the few that do can usually be sorted with a simple frame rate capping using RTSS, usually 1 frame below monitor refresh rate. Assassins Creed Origins is a prime example of this. Micro Stutters and pauses like a bitch, unless I cap frames 1 under refresh rate. The difference is remarkable i.e. almost zero stutters using this simple fix.

I know this doesn't help the OP though and I've Not read through all this thread yet, so apologies if this has been mentioned, but I also found a main cause of stutter in some games was the CPU setup in the bios and the power states settings. To cut a very long story short I like my CPU to run at minimal speeds and low volts when idle, but obviously ramp up as necessary when gaming. I found that getting my CPU to ramp up to constant max clocks in games though was hit and miss and it would often fluctuate and clock down, which causes stutter in some games.

To combat this you can obviously set the windows power plan to "High performance", but then you have to turn it off / back to balanced manually if you want everything to clock back down. I found an amazing free little (old!) utility a while ago that does it for you automatically, on a game by game exe basis - called Full Throttle Override http://tringi.trimcore.cz/full_throttle_override?language=en
I add every game exe to this little prog now, just to be sure.

Also, may have been mentioned already, but have you seen this about certain Windows 10 creators update and stutter. Something to do with a standby memory issue. Not tried it myself as don't feel the need, but lots of people reporting v good stutter fix for some games...
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/how-to-fix-game-stutter-on-windows-10-creators-update.420251/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
On my older build a few years ago (which ran SLI), I had to keep a log of personal game fixes to combat stuttering in all sorts of different ways. I became quite obsessed about fixing stutter in games. It wasn't just an SLI issue either, by the way.

On my newer rig (1080Ti, x99 and 5930k on x34 Gsync monitor) I now have very few stutter issues in games, and the few that do can usually be sorted with a simple frame rate capping using RTSS, usually 1 frame below monitor refresh rate. Assassins Creed Origins is a prime example of this. Micro Stutters and pauses like a bitch, unless I cap frames 1 under refresh rate. The difference is remarkable i.e. almost zero stutters using this simple fix.

I know this doesn't help the OP though and I've Not read through all this thread yet, so apologies if this has been mentioned, but I also found a main cause of stutter in some games was the CPU setup in the bios and the power states settings. To cut a very long story short I like my CPU to run at minimal speeds and low volts when idle, but obviously ramp up as necessary when gaming. I found that getting my CPU to ramp up to constant max clocks in games though was hit and miss and it would often fluctuate and clock down, which causes stutter in some games.

To combat this you can obviously set the windows power plan to "High performance", but then you have to turn it off / back to balanced manually if you want everything to clock back down. I found an amazing free little (old!) utility a while ago that does it for you automatically, on a game by game exe basis - called Full Throttle Override http://tringi.trimcore.cz/full_throttle_override?language=en
I add every game exe to this little prog now, just to be sure.

Also, may have been mentioned already, but have you seen this about certain Windows 10 creators update and stutter. Something to do with a standby memory issue. Not tried it myself as don't feel the need, but lots of people reporting v good stutter fix for some games...
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/how-to-fix-game-stutter-on-windows-10-creators-update.420251/
Thanks for reply. Got it.
I tried multiple fixes but they didn't help yet. =(

Associate
OP
Boot SSD drive... do you have at least 30% of drive free?
UPDATE 3:

BAD NEWS!

Windows 7 HP SP1 didn't help in anyway. =(

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 with formatting previous OS drive (C:), then installed all the necessary Win7 (x64) service updates and drivers: GPU, LAN, Audio, Chipset, SATA, NVMe SSD, DirectX & Visual C++. Configured NVIDIA driver to previous Win10 config, reinstalled MSI AB & RTSS and load custom profiles from my backup.

Also, I've cleared CMOS and reconfigured UEFI with the following "Custom Default" settings:
- Enabled #1 XMP, Sync All Cores "Auto"
- Configured fans
- Change PCIEX4_3 & M.2_2 to X4 speed
- Disable unnecessary SATA ports, fans, lights and other garbage

Windows 7 changes:
- High Performance Mode
- Disabled all the startup items
- Disabled built-in AV and firewall
- Disable all reminders in Action Center

In GTA 5 (no FPS cap) I've noticed the same issues with frame time spikes and drops when pressing RMB when being in a vehicle. With capped FPS there were no problems as before installing Win7.

In The Witcher 3 I noticed almost constant 100% GPU utilization and the same spikes. On Win10 there weren't such a frequent MAX GPU utilization, only in high loaded areas.

Now, I'm pretty scared of all this cr*p even in well run Win7 OS.

GTA 5 logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15NAhU33h4mXKBqXfU6aOGq4aMlPRBFgs

The Witcher 3 logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-9U66th5eAAnMJd9hrkjZCHxTUISKG-T

Any advice, if possible in such a creepy situation?

Associate
disable all audio drivers in device manager also run no overclock program in the background, delete all GPU drivers, install only the GPU driver itself nothing else

go into the bios disable anything you dont use

see how that goes, I also got this issue when a game on my HDD was failing so try a different drive if you can.

Associate
OP
disable all audio drivers in device manager also run no overclock program in the background, delete all GPU drivers, install only the GPU driver itself nothing else

go into the bios disable anything you dont use

see how that goes, I also got this issue when a game on my HDD was failing so try a diffeent drive if you can.
I tried to test games on both drives, M.2 SSD and HDD. No changes.
Also tried to disable Realtek driver but it wasn't helpful.

I don't know what to do know. If it's hardware problem I even don't know the culprit.

Soldato
I feel your pain. Something like this is infuriating, and it's easy to get obsessed, and be over obsessive about it.

Talking of, is it only these 2 or 3 specific games that are having specific issues, or is it all games???

Associate
OP
I feel your pain. Something like this is infuriating, and it's easy to get obsessed, and be over obsessive about it.

Talking of, is it only these 2 or 3 specific games that are having specific issues, or is it all games???
All games I've tested. Almost no issues in WOT but it's only 1 game. I'll test more games.

Back
Top Bottom