1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbour threatened to knock me out...

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by LeeUK, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Doogles

Mobster

Does he live alone? If so you know what to do! Joking aside probably report it to the police, just so they have record of it, with the CCTV if he says he didn't speak to you then he's already talked himself into a hole.
    Could be rental, or maybe he has no intention of selling and has lived their for years, you're right though that is something to think about otherwise.

2. Russinating

Capodecina

Well yeah, obvs if renting then go the full hog and post him a used jonny every day for a month.

3. Mark A

Capodecina

What the actual hell... Aren't Merricans always bragging about how free they are?

4. MrPotato

Hitman

+1.
    I personally keep my garden at tiptop condition, but because I enjoy it and have some time available for it, but don't expect the next door neighbour, with children, to do the same.
    I wouldn't appreciate if was the case of animals covering the garden in **** and the smell stopping me from enjoying my garden, buy overgrow lawn or untidy garden isn't a concern. They are lovely decent neighbours and that's all that matters.

5. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

What a ****

I sympathize with you, we have crappy neighbors too.

Can't wait to get away.

6. kinobestew123

Wise Guy

A few packs of these all over his lawn and borders?

7. Funky-Melon

Hitman

Agree with comments above, fluff through letter box.

Sounds hilarious, what a fool :D

8. COYS

Hitman

Are you both Council tenants as this threat is a breach of his tenancy?

Is your garden overgrown, which would be a breach of your tenancy?

9. RichL

Wise Guy

Mow your lawn and bow to his alpha status

10. Haze

Mobster

Think we should have pics, so we can see what the neighbour is crying about

11. joey1211

Mobster

Is he married? Offer to sort out the white fluff in her lady garden and adopt boxing stance.

12. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  13. Uther

Sgarrista

This. Don't mess around, do him in then move on with your life, happy in the knowledge you'll have some lovely produce next year.

14. LeeUK

Mobster

I was thinking about filling in an online police report but not sure if I can be bothered with them coming round here first to confirm things and stuff before they go knocking on his door. I didn't actually get him on CCTV as it's out of view but if he had went for a swing I would have made sure I was in view first.

I own my property and he owns his but I don't give two hoots about anything police related coming up on searches, if at all, in the future. I doubt it would anyway as it would unlikely go any further than the police knocking on his door and having words.

Other than the weeds, there is no rubbish or dog **** or any stink in my garden.

15. ron3003

Wise Guy

Q What about the Weeds Act?

A This legislation aims to control a small number of pernicious agricultural weeds by requiring landowners to prevent them setting seed. The weeds are broad-leafed dock (Rumex obtusifolius), curled dock (Rumex crispus), creeping or field thistle (Cirsium arvense), spear thistle (Cirsium vulgare) and ragwort (Senecio jacobea).

Inspectors from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) have the power to inspect the land and serve an order requiring the owner to control the weeds. However, they are unlikely to do this except in agricultural areas, and even these cases are very rare.

16. Ninco!

Hitman

The neighbour has imploded and approached you in the wrong manner and rattled you. The temptation to dig in let the garden grow triffids - is probably strong.

Were there any flash points or warning signs beforehand?

Sorry, but reporting to the Police - Its entirely your choice; What are they going to do? If you want to fight fire with fire - fill your boots. Neighbour disputes can turn very nasty - ironic when they can be resolved by common sense.

Asking a forum for advice - you will get the bravado responses - you will live the consequences and its your call.

17. 233

Capodecina

stand and bang,

or if you dont fancy doing it yourself invite hurfdurf round for dinner and drinks

18. Ninco!

Hitman

Meant to add that a threat of a camera wont wash with all people - they will act irrespective and live with the consequences.

19. LeeUK

Mobster

Totally out of the blue and no previous warning signs. I think we just happened to be in the right place at the right time e.g. me getting out of my car while he was on his way to get in his car. I hardly ever see him in the street.

20. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Home Owner’s Associations are utterly cancerous. I’ve never heard or read of one where the committee wasn’t a collection of petty throbbers.