Neighbours away and bleeping is sending me insane

Soldato
Hi

My neighbours have gone away for a holiday I think, and since yesterday there is bleep coming from their house every 30 seconds or so. It is like the noise that a smoke alarm makes when the battery is running out - it is driving me round the twist. I can hear it from my home office and also my living room too.

ARGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

No idea when they are back

Soldato
Call the fire brigade and say alarm going off and maybe someone inside......No don't do that.

Are you able to contact them at all? Maybe they may have left a key with a friend or relative for emergencies.

Soldato
OP
Don't any of your neighbours have a key in case of any problems, or is that just a Southern thing now when someone next door goes away?
I don't even know their names, they keep themselves to themselves. They are not really socialable.

How thin are your walls?
1930s solid brick house, but it is still audible.

Burn the house down, at the very least it will run the battery out
they are a semi detached house... and connected to mine
not the best idea

Associate
You've got a few options:

1) Fill their house with expanding foam to deaden the noise
2) Go on holiday yourself
3) Complain when they get back. If they couldn't care less then set your computer up to play a similar tone while you are on holiday.

Associate
You've got a few options:

1) Fill their house with expanding foam to deaden the noise
2) Go on holiday yourself
3) Complain when they get back. If they couldn't care less then set your computer up to play a similar tone while you are on holiday.

hahahhahaa

"Fill their house with expanding foam to deaden the noise" through the letterbox, obviously.

Soldato
OP
My mate knows the daughter of the couple who live there, he messaged her about it. She is going to go round tonight to check, but she thinks it is the co2 alarm battery being low, it emits a loud warning beep.

Soldato
My neighbors recently got a dog which barks all day when they are out. Thinking about posting some laxative laced meat through the post box. More devastating than pooing through the letterbox directly and no DNA evidence :D

Soldato
When next door was sold the new owners had a rewire while it was still empty, they must have had wired smoke alarms fitted but the electrician didn't put back up batteries in them. They were beeping for weeks until eventually someone moved in.

Back
Top Bottom