Neighbours dog

Associate
The neighbours dog has been barking constantly for the past 5 hours, driving me nuts, I think they may have gone on holiday and left the dog in the house, I'm a bit concerned because it sounds a bit in distress! Is there anything I should do? Or is it normal for dogs to bark a lot when left alone? :confused:

Soldato
With fire.

Seconded. Fire fixes everything, especially noisy dogs.

If they have gone on holiday I'm not sure there's much anyone can do right now. You can notify the RSPCA but I'd imagine they're only allowed to enter the property if there's a strong suspicion that the animal is in danger. You might have to grin and bear it for a few of days.

Associate
Shotgun ..........BANG BANG BANG !

Semi-automatics and pump-actions must have a magazine capacity of no more than two shots: this has be a permanent restriction, verified by either the London or Birmingham Proof Houses.

Soldato
RSPCA won't do anything unless it's been like 36 hours, knock on the door, if nothing then you simply leave a note in the letter box stating you have informed the RSPCA in good intentions due to being worried that they were on holiday and to contact you if not.

That way, if they contact you they won't be miffed as all you was doing was looking out for their pet :)

They would do the same

ags

Associate
You need to make sure that the dog has food and water and shelter if they have gone away...who cares what your neighbours will say...the dog is the most important priority

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Our neighbour (before she moved) use to do this all the time with her 2 dogs. Would sod off to Shrewsbury for the weekend, leave the dogs after her grand children gave false promises that they'd come in and look after the dogs a few times a day.

On many occasions Margaret, the neighbour, would return to a house full of dog crap and the stentch of pee would emit from the house when she opened the windows.

RSPCA as has been mentioned will not do anything unless it's been for a long period of time, neither will the council.

What you could do however if it's REALLY that bad and stopping you sleeping or what have you is, say, call the police, say you've heard a 'thud', not seen the neighbour since and the dogs have been barking and you're worried if the dogs are barking to alert others of a possible problem ;)

Soldato
wonder if it will work on the bugger who sits outside my bedroom window at 2am playing D&B out of his car

fire always works, forever.

food on the otherhand, might not, infact it might lead to him coming round more often, it's like feeding a cat, once you start, they'll just make themselves at home

Back
Top Bottom