Nest Home and Away or Google Home Presence Sensing?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Our Nest cameras have been acting up a lot recently, not really turning on/off when they should when we leave home etc.

I've setup the whole Home and Away settings on both our phones, but was wo dering whether I should using this, or using Google Presence Sensing now instead?

All a bit confusing!

Also, has anyone changed their Nest cams for the Ring ones, or even the Arlo ones? Getting a bit annoyed with Nest cameras to be honest, although we do have a nest thermostat, Google Home Hub Max etc so wanted to keep it one system ideally!

Thanks,
Mal

Soldato
You could always setup a routine so that, when you are leaving, say the phrase and the cameras turn on. SEPERATE routine when you arrive home.

If you don't want to have to remember to run it, you can run presence sensing through your thermostat as the trigger rather than your phone if you haven't already.

Bear in mind that, AFAIK, if you have multiple people setup on the Google Home then everyone needs to be away from home for the Away routine to trigger.

I don't use the Home/Away routines as I find them unreliable (I use my phone as I don't have a thermostat yet)

Caporegime
It takes time for the home/away assist to kick in.

Also why are you turning the cameras off when at home?

I just leave mine on all day long. But I only have one internal one.

Back
Top Bottom