Netflix is going up to £9.99 & £13.99 next month

Soldato
Did you really see something interesting on Star ...?
after I scanned their programme list in flatpanel article

Star will offer movies such as Die Hard, Deadpool 2, Pretty Woman, Borat, Braveheart , Titanic, The Martian, Kingsman: The Secret Service, The X-Files, The Shape of Water, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri.

Star on Disney+ will also have TV series like Lost, Homeland, 24, Family Guy, Modern Family, American Dad, How I met Your Mother, Americans, Sons of Anarchy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Atlanta, Scandal, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives.

New original Star content includes Big Sky, Solar Opposites and Hellstrom. Later this year, it will premiere originals like The Drop Out, Dopesick, The Old Man, The Platform and Only Murders in the Building.

Soldato
OP
Disney app's on Android. Over 50million downloads on the Play store. Half a dozen of which were my household's android devices :D
Disney+ , Apple TV, Google Movies etc are all not available on Android in my location ;)

My next mobile phone going be an apple one and am not going be buying buy another TV or mobile phone that has this stupid Android software

Hk3TQfZ.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Disney+ , Apple TV, Google Movies etc are all not available on Android in my location ;)

My next mobile phone going be an apple one and am not going be buying buy another TV or mobile phone that has this stupid Android software

Hk3TQfZ.png
Guernsey? It's supposed to be available in channel Islands. It is just the apps that aren't available?

Can you just get the apk from a different store or elsewhere?

Soldato
OP
Guernsey? It's supposed to be available in channel Islands. It is just the apps that aren't available?

Can you just get the apk from a different store or elsewhere?
Yes it the apps that not available in guernsey on Android devices

You maybe about to side load them but am not willing to chance doing that on a TV that cost £3600

Soldato
You would spend that much and then not dare install apps on it? Seems odd to me, but your call I guess. I know on my Sony it didn't involve altering the OS in any way, I literally just installed the Apk and off it went...

Or, just install on your phone and cast... I often do that anyway, even when there's the app on my TV.

Soldato
OP
You would spend that much and then not dare install apps on it? Seems odd to me, but your call I guess. I know on my Sony it didn't involve altering the OS in any way, I literally just installed the Apk and off it went...

Or, just install on your phone and cast... I often do that anyway, even when there's the app on my TV.
I installed many apps from the google store but none that i downloaded myself from the internet

Have you got a link for the Disney+ & Apple TV Apk TV apps to side load?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
No, I have it in the Play Store, but I would just head to APK Mirror or one of the other trusted/reputable sites.
I may try this one later DISNEY+ 1.12.0, Ready to download and install a new apk | AVForums
I think something else is up here, @chaparral. It's not saying it's not available in your territory, like here :
https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=0a31d5e8db2058d02e27eadc13961919

It's saying it's not available for your devices. And there's no way it's not available for your phones.

Have you checked the Amazon app store to see if you can download there?
One my family members also has an android mobile phone (It a Samsung S8 or S9) so am going to see if it available on there phone

I know the AppleTv app is on my Amazon 4K firestick, I will have to check to see if it also has Disney+ (i think it does)

Soldato
Forgive me if it's been mentioned in the thread already, but i'm currently paying under a fiver a month for 4k 4 screen netflix.

Use a VPN to sign up to a new account (i think when i signed up, i set it to Turkey as that was the cheapest at the time, but YMMV). Then once you're signed up, turn VPN off or back to normal or whatever and bob's your uncle, you have full on netflix without being charged the full whack. And no, before anyone asks, it's not Turkish netflix ;)

I've had this account for over 2 years paying about 4.50 a month all in and sharing with 3 other people (whom i don't charge btw).

Mind you, perhaps my price is about to increase a bit as well...but it certainly won't be going to 13.99 a month i'd imagine.

Soldato
Forgive me if it's been mentioned in the thread already, but i'm currently paying under a fiver a month for 4k 4 screen netflix.

Use a VPN to sign up to a new account (i think when i signed up, i set it to Turkey as that was the cheapest at the time, but YMMV). Then once you're signed up, turn VPN off or back to normal or whatever and bob's your uncle, you have full on netflix without being charged the full whack. And no, before anyone asks, it's not Turkish netflix ;)

I've had this account for over 2 years paying about 4.50 a month all in and sharing with 3 other people (whom i don't charge btw).

Mind you, perhaps my price is about to increase a bit as well...but it certainly won't be going to 13.99 a month i'd imagine.

I thought I would try this.

Once you put your card payment details in it asks you for a text message to verify your account, but you cant change the international phone code it's set to a turkey code (not +44 for us in the UK).

How do you get around this part?

Soldato
OP
Sorry.... what tv do you have ? My 3 year old LG 55b7v has got Disney+ .
Sony 65 AF9

Disney+ & netflix apps are available if your location is in England....
I really had enough of android blocking there apps so am going be changing to apple mobile phones & tablets as there software is not so locked down as android ;)

It just really annoying owning a very expensive Smart TV and high end mobile phones and you can't even get some the most popular media streaming apps on them that even a £20 Amazon firestick has..
It nothing short of being totally crazy and i feel Android is just completely crap & useless

Last edited:
Soldato
Sony 65 AF9

Disney+ & netflix apps are available if your location is in England....
I really had enough of android blocking there apps so am going be changing to apple mobile phones & tablets as there software is not so locked down as android ;)

It just really annoying owning a very expensive Smart TV and high end mobile phones and you can't even get some the most popular media streaming apps on them that even a £20 Amazon firestick has..
It nothing short of being totally crazy and i feel Android is just completely crap & useless

Reading up...... you have google store access on your tv ? Just search for it. It should work.

Soldato
OP
Reading up...... you have google store access on your tv ? Just search for it. It should work.
It not available on the google store on my mobile phones (Note 8 & Note 9 & S9) or TV (Sony AF9)
There no AppleTV , No Disney+ , No Google movies etc

They even block my car Ford app from being available in guernsey

Android really is crap and useless

Soldato
It not available on the google store on my mobile phones (Note 8 & Note 9 & S9) or TV (Sony AF9)
There no AppleTV , No Disney+ , No Google movies etc

They even block my car Ford app from being available in guernsey

Android really is crap and useless
Bizarre! Just read this 'Islanders can download the app while they are elsewhere in the UK and it will work as normal when they are back in Guernsey' You're classed as rest of the world apparently.

Back
Top Bottom