Netflix is going up to £9.99 & £13.99 next month

Soldato
OP
Bizarre! Just read this 'Islanders can download the app while they are elsewhere in the UK and it will work as normal when they are back in Guernsey' You're classed as rest of the world apparently.
I have just managed to get the AppleTV & Disney+ apps by changing my Google account payment location to UK
(You have no idea how many hours i have spent over the last few months trying to get these apps on my TV :o:(:o)

I kept looking where to change my address location on google but you can't as google gets it by your IP address,
I never thought changing the payment location would have made any difference and i also didn't realise you could change the payment location

owOEkZ2.jpg

(Edited my name to my Ocuk forum name)
XDMNrJk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely a vpn would have gotten around some of these issues. Also why are Sony oleds double the cost of the LG ones, that's some markup:p. Not sure you mentioned the cost of your telly enough times:D.

Soldato
OP
Surely a vpn would have gotten around some of these issues. Also why are Sony oleds double the cost of the LG ones, that's some markup:p. Not sure you mentioned the cost of your telly enough times:D.
There wasn't really that much price difference at the time, (it was only about 1k :p to say the truth i can't remember what the price difference was)
You got remember Sony, LG, Panny etc have OLED TV's in different price ranges for Example My Sony OLED would been compared to the price of LG G or E range which cost more then there C or B range (or whatever LG OLED range was named in 2018 )

Last edited:
Soldato
There wasn't really that much price difference at the time, (it was only about 1k :p to say the truth i can't remember what the price difference was)
You got remember Sony, LG, Panny etc have OLED TV's in different price ranges for Example My Sony OLED would been compared to the price of LG G or E range which cost more then there C or B range (or whatever LG OLED range was named in 2018 )
Fair enough, but I think the actual screen in all of them is the same. I actually with they made them a bit thicker as trying to maneuver thin screens on to a stand made me worry about it snapping:eek:. I have a C9, and the top bit is mega thin.

Soldato
OP
Fair enough, but I think the actual screen in all of them is the same. I actually with they made them a bit thicker as trying to maneuver thin screens on to a stand made me worry about it snapping:eek:. I have a C9, and the top bit is mega thin.
I agree i took my AF9 off the wall before christmas to repaint and i hated the way the screen bends so easy from being so thin

Soldato
I thought I would try this.

Once you put your card payment details in it asks you for a text message to verify your account, but you cant change the international phone code it's set to a turkey code (not +44 for us in the UK).

How do you get around this part?

forgot about that bit - it's been a while but i'm pretty sure i used one of those 'receive sms' websites. Have a quick google, i'm sure loads will pop up.

Back
Top Bottom