Netflix is now in the UK

NZB

NZB

Associate
Can you fool the Windows 8 app into letting you onto the US Netflix? I've just been using it in the browser in win7 with the Hola unblocker addon for Firefox which works fine but it only plays in normal HD and doesn't have Super HD that way, so thinking of upgrading to Win8 but don't fancy just being stuck with the UK version as there's not a lot there.

Associate
I just tried it quick using Unlocator which is currently free and it seemed to work. I didn't want to pay for UnblockUs and then find out it didn't work anyway. I will try it again later and update to see if it still works properly. Apparently you can get random errors, or it will sometimes work and sometimes not.

Soldato
These days via the WDTV Live I just use the free DNS from Tunlr. Doesn't give much hassle except for the occasional failure to play stuff, in which case a reboot sorts it.

If I want to watch UK stuff, I use the Netflix app built into the TV.

Just great. :)

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Sweet! After my ps3 dying yesturday and its the only box i have which used netflix+ blueray im glad i searched for this and now using Hola (was using the UK version) and hdmi to my tv :) woop!

Associate
Well I for one got tired of messing around as the latest set of DNS settings went down and having to change them, then having to turn them back to use UK services. For 3 quid a month I'm quite happy with UnblockUS giving me all those different regions at little more than a button press on their website, and a few seconds for the system to update.

Is it strictly necessary? No, and if you're only after US netflix I can see why you wouldn't go for it, but if you actually take advantage of the wider selection of regions on a convenience versus effort angle it's well worth it for me.

Soldato
Well I for one got tired of messing around as the latest set of DNS settings went down and having to change them, then having to turn them back to use UK services. For 3 quid a month I'm quite happy with UnblockUS giving me all those different regions at little more than a button press on their website, and a few seconds for the system to update.

Is it strictly necessary? No, and if you're only after US netflix I can see why you wouldn't go for it, but if you actually take advantage of the wider selection of regions on a convenience versus effort angle it's well worth it for me.

Because free DNS servers tend to have downtime, the paid ones rarely do and it's only a couple of quid.

I see...I've never had a problem apart from the initial set up of finding one that worked for me. Other than that It's been fine for myself.

Dunno how it is on other things, but for me on Xbox. all I have to do to get back to the UK stuff (without changing any settings) is to back out to the menu of picking Netflix/Netflix kids and it takes me into the UK stuff, if I want the US stuff I just re-load the app.

Which I'm glad as I've not got a few quid spare to do it the way you guys do :p

Mobster
Soldato

Another +1 for unblock-us. Works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom