Netflix is now in the UK

Caporegime
For those that mention the fact that movie studios will lose out due to a cinema being a ticket per person and if you were to watch it at home there could be x amount, didn't MS with the Kinect patent some idea where it watches how many people are in the room and limits what you can watch? I guess there is potential for them to use that at some point.

Also I doubt with how greedy they are they want something like Netflix having control over it and would rather launch their own service, we already see this with PC gaming with Steam then EA's Origin and Ubisofts UPlay they all want a part of it.

Whats to stop you to turn the kinect the other way round, facing a 10x8 photograph of the same room with 1 person in the photo.

Associate
I'd imagine it would base it on human-like actions (a picture is most likely going to be sat still for the full duration, where as people will move heads etc)

But regardless, it's not going to be something that'll be here within the next decade, or ever :p imho.

Caporegime
I'd imagine it would base it on human-like actions (a picture is most likely going to be sat still for the full duration, where as people will move heads etc)

But regardless, it's not going to be something that'll be here within the next decade, or ever :p imho.

I have a LCD photoframe that can play videos in a loop which isn't being used? :p

Associate
Touché :p

But yeah that pretty much highlights a major flaw with the idea, and I doubt it's even being put into development :p

Only thing they're testing is the simultaneous screens (not viewers) afaik.

Associate
i have netflix but i use unblock us to get the US version. far far more content and a lot more stuff id watch like the old 80's tv stuff like airwolf, A-Team and McGuyver.

netflix is a great thing to have though. a lot of stuff to watch and a good price.

Associate
Just wondered if anyone with access to the US service could tell me if it has Bones Season 6 available? Sky skipped it and Lovefilm don't have the rental rights for some reason.

Ta muchly in advance

Man of Honour
Just wondered if anyone with access to the US service could tell me if it has Bones Season 6 available? Sky skipped it and Lovefilm don't have the rental rights for some reason.

Ta muchly in advance

All 8 series.

ey67.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

Ta muchly in advance

Just go to moreflicks.com and see for youself. Brilliant site.
If its on netflix, click on the icon and it tells you which region

Back
Top Bottom