US: Netflix - Witcher series!

Caporegime
My only fear is that Netflix somehow ruin this with some SJW nonsense. Despite being an awesome game, The Witcher 3 got a lot of criticism in some sections of the media for not having any BEM or non-binary characters in it. Doing something daft like making Zoltan black, Dandelion a woman or Lambert a transsexual would be a kick in the teeth.

I hope they keep the Welsh accents for the succubi though lol :)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Success of this thing depends on budget and casting. We all hope for some Game of thrones like awesomeness, but: throw money at it but miscast it and it's "Marco Polo", cast it well but don't give it enough budget and it's "Ranch".

Please god, let it be Anson Mount...

Soldato
Got to be Eva Green for Yennefer :)

I'm currently on book 4 of the series and thoroughly enjoying them. The first two were short stories and were ok, basically an introduction to the world of the Witcher and the characters that make it work. From book three though, they become full novels and the story really takes off. The casting is going to be ridiculously important for this to succeed as millions of people already have these characters in their minds and any major differences will be insanely jarring.

If they do this right, it could be Netflix' answer to the FIVE spin off prequels that HBO have planned for Game of Thrones!

Associate
Havent read the books but this is definitely good news. Could go very right or very wrong. Hoping for a good atmospheric and dark fantasy..

Soldato
My only fear is that Netflix somehow ruin this with some SJW nonsense. Despite being an awesome game, The Witcher 3 got a lot of criticism in some sections of the media for not having any BEM or non-binary characters in it. Doing something daft like making Zoltan black, Dandelion a woman or Lambert a transsexual would be a kick in the teeth.

I hope they keep the Welsh accents for the succubi though lol :)

Here is hoping for a scorza kick in the teeth every day of the week, heck I'll lipstick up Robert Smith style if it offends :)

Back
Top Bottom