1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never driven a bike before and going motorcross tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Phate, 29 Apr 2006.

1. Phate

Caporegime

well ive never driven a motorbike before i've been on the back of my dads etc. but recently dad and his mate both bought KX250F motorcross bikes, and they've been going for a few weeks and ive finally convinced them to go on a sunday instead so i can come (i work saturdays) and so we are going tomorrow, and i've got myself a pair of motorcross boots (currently wearing them :p) and i simply can't wait, now i kinda no how to change gears on a bike etc but is there anything i should look out for as a bike newb? im not expecting to go and do 40ft jumps lol just gonna go round slowly hehe :D

so just wondering is it really wierd from driving a car all the time to going on a bike? a motorcross bike for that matter!

cheers for any info people :)

2. Mic

Mobster

Dont fall off.

Sound advice that.

3. Phate

Caporegime

:p
    i thought on the world superbikes they came off when the crowd died down to keep their attention ;)

4. paradigm

Caporegime

Well your first downfall is expecting to "drive" a bike. You "ride" a bike ;)

5. Sagalout

Soldato

Well depending on the course you're in for a damned steep learning curve!

Try just going round the car park first.

Biggest difference in power delivery will be the power band - generally most cars are constant and smoothish throughout the rev range whereas motox bikes hit a power band meaning you go from low power to turbo nutter power in the blink of an eye haha.

6. TbirdX

Wise Guy

Take plasters and possibly bandages, you're going to need them :)