New 27-inch UltraSharp U2711 WQHD announced.

Associate
There should be a large white sticker on the side of the box
From that you need to give dell the....

Work order number & the name & address that dell shipped the monitor to (SHIP TO)

Then on the back of the monitor you will find it's TAG number

Also a copy of the sales invoice or if obtained at an auction provide the auction number

Thats what they asked me for, I got a mail back within a few hours telling me the process been completed successfully.
Thanks a lot. I'll fill in the warranty form and report back to let you know how it turns out.

Soldato
Just managed to pick one of these up for my mum for £625 with five year warranty (after a few attempts!).

Looking forward to the arrival - never used a properly big monitor before (a couple of short experiences on a 24" are as good as it has got)!

From a certain unmentionable auction site I take it. Good luck and hope it is ok and you enjoy it.

Mark

Soldato
I'll admit to being wary! There is one seller putting out one of these to finish every night at at 9pm. They were all going for ~£640. I would be happy to pay that but £660 (the minimum increase once you are over £600) was just too much considering some lucky people managed for just under £600. I kept getting pipped every night in the final seconds but on my final go just set my maximum bid early in the day and it won! :)

It claims to come with a 5 year warranty, and the post above by garsands suggests that ebay purchases are eligible for the warranty so I can't see that there is anything to lose, what with paypal and credit card protection! :)

Will let you know anyway.

Look forward to hearing some good news & perhaps a mini review.

Mark

Associate
I bought 3 of these the same way and price as you with the 5 year warranty.
All I done was sent all the details to the seller of the monitors and he called Dell and the next day I had E-mail from dell customer support to confirm that the 3 monitor tag numbers were now in my name and had the 5 years warranty.

[email protected]

Associate
Just spotted it for £599 at a well-known high street electrical store. :D

I still wouldn't pay that much for a monitor, but assuming it's not a misprint, hopefully it's a sign that the ridiculous overpricing of these high-end consumer models may be coming to an end. :)

Associate
Those shops are owned by the same company which is why they are the same price... or is that what you were hinting at and I'm just being dumb?

A family member works for one of the companies so I could get an additional 10% off. It's a shame I can't afford it at the moment though. £560 (or even £600) is a fantastic price on this!

Man of Honour
Chaps how can I sort my warranty out if I have dumped the box. I bought mine a couple of months back and have been very pleased but I want to ensure, as I paid top money for it, I have the warranty in place. Box dumped so not sure where I can get the information I need to put this in place, any pointers?

Associate
Chaps how can I sort my warranty out if I have dumped the box. I bought mine a couple of months back and have been very pleased but I want to ensure, as I paid top money for it, I have the warranty in place. Box dumped so not sure where I can get the information I need to put this in place, any pointers?

I think the company you bought it from should have a record of the monitor and the relevent paperwork. Or explain to Dell that you can provide proof of purshase but didn't realise the box (with attached docs) held the key to the warentee and you'd like to get this sorted now incase you need to use the warentee at any point.

Back
Top Bottom