New 27-inch UltraSharp U2711 WQHD announced.

Associate
assuming it's not a misprint, hopefully it's a sign that the ridiculous overpricing of these high-end consumer models may be coming to an end. :)

A funny way to describe a monitor that is not particularly consumer orientated, and has specs which compare other brands models at £2000.

A very low price for that level of technology even before the mis-price.

Associate
really interested in getting one of these in the next few months.

would get it now if anyone was selling for 599 like they said above (anyone fancy pming in trust if they can tell me where? :p)

also does anyone know a LCD desk arm that will support this beast?

Associate
I'd say it's overpriced at £899. I wish i'd got one at £599 though, especially as I could have got 10% off on-top. I'll wait for a similar price or until something more apealing comes along.

Soldato
OP
Can't believe I missed it at £599. There's enough people interested in this panel we should keep an eye open for special offers - first sign of this hitting £599 again and I'll take the plunge..... Who's with me?!?!?!?!? :D

Associate
Can't believe I missed it at £599. There's enough people interested in this panel we should keep an eye open for special offers - first sign of this hitting £599 again and I'll take the plunge..... Who's with me?!?!?!?!? :D

Me too but it seemed like a pricing error so we could be waiting a while.

Soldato
OP
If it's going for that sort of money on Ebay it has to be doable - comon OCUK, you've got a bunch of customers buying this elsewhere and a few of us lined up to buy it if you could hit £600 here. Got to be an opportunity to do a "this week only" deal!!! :D

Soldato
If it's going for that sort of money on Ebay it has to be doable - comon OCUK, you've got a bunch of customers buying this elsewhere and a few of us lined up to buy it if you could hit £600 here. Got to be an opportunity to do a "this week only" deal!!! :D

I will seccond that !!!

Associate
I'm not sure they would make a profit selling at that - probably a heavy loss. With P&P costing about ~£10 for these beasts (I'd asume they have some sort of deal with couriers) and us lot getting free P&P too.

I'll add my name into the pot for buying at £599.99 though, comon OCUK ;)

Associate
Well I just got mine today!!!! from a certain auction site, and I have to say it's an AWESOME Monitor!!! I am coming up from a HP LP2475w which is a great screen (once calibrated) but this Dell is awesome!

Taking a little bit of time go get use to the anti glare though, a bit sparkly! but it reminds me of my old del 2005FPW, Great colours, and games all look amazing at the high res. good job I have my second GTX 480 though!!

I will be selling my LP2475w now by the way, if anyone wants it!

also I got it for £699, not to bad sealed with 3 yr Dell warranty!

Soldato
Well I just got mine today!!!! from a certain auction site, and I have to say it's an AWESOME Monitor!!! I am coming up from a HP LP2475w which is a great screen (once calibrated) but this Dell is awesome!

Taking a little bit of time go get use to the anti glare though, a bit sparkly! but it reminds me of my old del 2005FPW, Great colours, and games all look amazing at the high res. good job I have my second GTX 480 though!!

I will be selling my LP2475w now by the way, if anyone wants it!

also I got it for £699, not to bad sealed with 3 yr Dell warranty!

Congrats - you lucky fellow.

Soldato
OP
I keep checking back - still no £600 TWO :(

Wheres' GIBBO when you need him? oh, hang on, that's a bit of luck!!! Over here please Gibbo ;)

Back
Top Bottom