New 27-inch UltraSharp U2711 WQHD announced.

Associate
I can't see them doing a special at £600? I'd like them to though!

OcUK have it listed at £887.99 right now, if they were to sell at even £800 they would be £22.50 cheaper than anywhere else. OcUK aren't competing with any auction site.

Having said that buying direct from the manufacturer is strangely cheaper right now. That's not usually the case so maybe there is room for money to come off these monitors, I just don't think there is enough room to go to £600.

Soldato
OP
Maybe not, but you don't get if you don't ask... If there's any way of doing it as a TWO even at £650 or £699 they're going to get sales that are otherwise going to EBay.

Still, I suspect you're right and I'm going for a triumph of optimism over realism ;)

Associate
put it this way, me and a lot of other customers are not going to be buying this monitor any time soon at £850+, if they were to do a special offer at £600 I would snap it up in a heartbeat, im actively looking for this baby on several websites, and bidding on any good offer i see on any "auction" website, but I won't go over £650

Associate
put it this way, me and a lot of other customers are not going to be buying this monitor any time soon at £850+, if they were to do a special offer at £600 I would snap it up in a heartbeat, im actively looking for this baby on several websites, and bidding on any good offer i see on any "auction" website, but I won't go over £650

+1

Really getting serious about this monitor, but OCUK's price isn't matching the best price I have found from a reputable company. I am going to order on Friday, so I am hoping OCUK drop the price to £681+VAT or less, so I can put the money their way.

Soldato
OP
To be fair the OCUK price is fairly average for the monitor, I just think they could pick up a bunch of orders in the space of a few days if they did TWO at a price that competes with Ebay.

They may not make much on the offer but they keep a bunch of happy customers from going elsewhere and I can't imagine they are selling many at the moment anyway so it's not going to hit potential profits.

Associate
To be fair the OCUK price is fairly average for the monitor, I just think they could pick up a bunch of orders in the space of a few days if they did TWO at a price that competes with Ebay.

They may not make much on the offer but they keep a bunch of happy customers from going elsewhere and I can't imagine they are selling many at the moment anyway so it's not going to hit potential profits.

As long as I am one of those two, otherwise I may become disgruntled :D

It would be nice if they were just looking through this thread and offered just those who have shown an interest. Especially, considering I am looking to spend a lot of money shortly on a a new-build and don't want to be going anywhere else ;)

Associate
OCuK is not the cheapest place I have seen this monitor, have seen a couple of other websites offering it for about £50 cheaper, but still not what I am willing to pay, just pointing out if I was going to buy it for that price OcUK wouldn't be the place :p

Associate
Shame, as I will be buying this and other components elsewhere (though in some areas they are still competitive and will be getting some components with them). OCUK doesn't seem to be keeping a close eye on their competitors.

You can't be the cheapest at everything or they would make no money. :(

Associate
I know a friend in Asia who is going to buy and send me one of these beasts for around £400 after conversion :D.

Might post some pics up when I get it.

Associate
I know a friend in Asia who is going to buy and send me one of these beasts for around £400 after conversion :D.

Might post some pics up when I get it.

Well just hope it has no defects and never goes wrong cause your 400 price tag + custom duties will rise when you have to keep shipping back. Risky business why not just save the extra cash and get piece of mind Uk Warranty etc.

Soldato
OP
It'll be interesting to see if the new Apple 27" cinema display makes a viable alternative to this monitor as it looks like it could be a little cheaper depending on $ to £ rate.

Associate
It'll be interesting to see if the new Apple 27" cinema display makes a viable alternative to this monitor as it looks like it could be a little cheaper depending on $ to £ rate.

I like the fact the apple is LED backlit, power consumption should be good. The drawback is the apple pricing is pretty constant so there would be no waiting for the 'Dell Sale' equivalent. It's US price is $999 which by todays conversion is about £630, it'll probably come in at £800 though.

Associate
shame, today I had the money to buy it off an auction site for £650 which he offered it to me a while ago, now he is out of stock it seems :(

so OcUK, how about it? £650 for the U2711? I can pay right now :D

Back
Top Bottom