New 27-inch UltraSharp U2711 WQHD announced.

Associate
Well I just got mine today!!!! from a certain auction site, and I have to say it's an AWESOME Monitor!!! I am coming up from a HP LP2475w which is a great screen (once calibrated) but this Dell is awesome!

Taking a little bit of time go get use to the anti glare though, a bit sparkly! but it reminds me of my old del 2005FPW, Great colours, and games all look amazing at the high res. good job I have my second GTX 480 though!!

I will be selling my LP2475w now by the way, if anyone wants it!

also I got it for £699, not to bad sealed with 3 yr Dell warranty!

How much do you want for your Hewlett Packard?
Not sure how to pm on here but let me know if your serious about selling.

Associate
Just took the plunge with one of these, can't wait to try it out.

Got it for £681 + £8 delivery, though unfortunately not from OCUK (though I did get some other components from them).

Now I just need to build the computer to run it.

Associate
Just took the plunge with one of these, can't wait to try it out.

Got it for £681 + £8 delivery, though unfortunately not from OCUK (though I did get some other components from them).

Now I just need to build the computer to run it.

Thats a good price, cheaper than anywhere I can find it.

Associate
Ok I can get one for £680 including VAT, which is the best price I have seen at the moment.

But I have some queries before I go ahead, so would appreciate you guys helping me out.

The main reason for this is gaming. I want to upgrade from my current 2405 which has been a lovely monitor, (will probably end up in my sons room) for that little bit of extra real estate in terms of the size of the monitor and the resolution. The only thing that worries me is the hit I may recieve gaming at 2560 x 1440. The games that I play at the moment are DIRT 2 GRID RFACTOR BC2 CoH... Im worried that gaming at that resolution will kill my card.

My PC is the OcUK Titan Goliath

i7 Quad
6GB DD3
ATI 5870 (single)

With V sync on I never miss a beat, I dont want to get this monitor and it kill my gaming experience.

I also like watching movies at my desktop so its another reason why I really like the look of this panel...

So does anyone here game with this thing at its native rez with a single 5870 or equivalent and still manage decent frames... If not I will wait a while and get a decent large TN panel that will do 1920 x 1200 or (1080) and just enjoy having a bigger screen!!

Soldato
You will be fine Scott, check benchmarks if you do not believe me.

You got a Goliath just like me, good pc isn't it?:p i got a 5870 with mine too lol and planning to upgrade from my HP LP2475w to either this monitor or the 30 inch coming in September.(HP LP3065 looked good too but costs a lot!)

Associate
Hello fellow owners,
When playing games & standing still in a dark part do you find the screen dims it's self ?
I have to move the mouse afew times for it to reset.

Games are Left 4 dead 2 & Mass Effect 2
I am running windows 7 I have googled it & says something in the power managerment settings but when I look I dont see the opitions that they talk about.

Soldato
I feel a bit silly asking this but how do you adjust the height? nothing in the manual, I see no buttons to press and I don't want to push too hard.

What brightness and contrast settings to people run at?

Soldato
Check the neck of the stand, there is most likely a button on there to press, at least every other height adjustable LCD I have used has worked as such. Dell's usually have a more obvious button than some, my HP's is quite well hidden.

Associate
Hey I'm planning on getting one of these monitors for my bedroom.

I know it will be good on my PC but if I plugged in my Xbox 360 would it make the picture look bad because of it being a much higher resolution?

Thanks.

Associate
Hey I'm planning on getting one of these monitors for my bedroom.

I know it will be good on my PC but if I plugged in my Xbox 360 would it make the picture look bad because of it being a much higher resolution?

Thanks.

Only had mine about 3 weeks. Not tried a console on it yet (PS3 in my case), but blueray works fine - with scaling etc (Via Cyberlink powerDVD)

Associate
Seriously considering one of these as I've found it at a more reasonable price. I keep hearing of input lag and apparant ghosting in fast paced games, like, say an FPS. Any owners out there care to comment?

XOR

XOR

Associate
...the picture seems to...wobble, shake. :( It's quite prominent at the top right of the screen, it's quite hard to explain. Then after 10 minutes it seems to stop.
I have the same problem on mine too (rev. A00). I only see it at native resolution, and intermittently. I have tried DisplayPort and DVI cabling, and two different video cards with no change.

I'm out of luck for a warranty replacement since my refurbished model has a short warranty. I didn't have a PC to drive it at the full resolution when I first got it...

Back
Top Bottom